Author Topic: Original Phatnoise DMS Files  (Read 4369 times)

Offline mrfushoulu17

Original Phatnoise DMS Files
« on: December 09, 2008, 12:24:59 am »
Ok all... Im thinking this has already been asked before but I hope not. How hard would it be to pull all the files off of a Working DMS and place them into a working online database allowing people to download and build a new/ working DMS without having to buy a new one?

The reason for my question is because my DMS quit working and I dont have a working original one to use in my phatbox. I can use the files to create the DMS using my old DMS hardware and a new HD to hack the Phatbox but I am then stuck with with no DMS that can be used in the phatbox after the hack is done. I have heard that we would need the LINUX OS on the DMS and Im not sure how to do that or how the files would need to be encoded onto the DMS in order to work.. I just dont have the cash to buy a replacement DMS and I figured there would be alot of people this would help out. Does anyone have any recomendations?

The original DMS files as online downloads would be awesome!!   :o

Offline markbowen

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran.
Re: Original Phatnoise DMS Files
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 06:15:14 pm »
All the original DMS files are available, contained in the firmware files downloaded by the Phathack DMS Tools when creating or repairing a DMS. 

However, those files are not what a DMS needs to work in a Phatbox.  There is an electronic signature written into the first 1MB of the original DMS drives, which is what an unhacked Phatbox needs to find on a DMS in order to work.  This is why an original DMS is needed for hacking, as the Phatbox checks for the valid signature, allows the DMS to work, and then the hack goes to work to permanently disable the signature check.

In short, you need a working original DMS to hack your box.
Kenwood DNX7200/Kenwood KHD-C710 Keg/320GB DMS

Offline mrfushoulu17

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 08:04:37 pm »
Great! So I have someone who has a hacked DMS (original). Say they use that to hack my phatbox.. then I can use the other tools to recreate a new DMS (non original) that will then work in the phatbox? After I have my phatnoise hacked I then dont need an original dms since the hack has already been completed.  ;D

Offline S80_UK

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran.
  • Volvo S80 D5 with VW Phatbox
    • Volvo Phatbox Installation
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 11:22:53 pm »
Yes - you understand correctly.