Author Topic: phatbox or dms problem...??  (Read 5077 times)

Offline nkgneto

phatbox or dms problem...??
« on: March 05, 2007, 03:25:23 am »
It has been installed since new aug. 04 in a 2004 VW R32, has worked flawlessly. Last nite nothing on the radio my wife hits the cd button, shows the last track and time .......and goes back to radio. This was done a couple times and nothing.

When home removed the DMS and reinstalled the led's lit up and both and stayed on ..removed & installed various times and nothing also I noticed when had the key off even the phatbox would still have lights blinking is that normal? I removed the DMS and installed in craddle and nothing it is not recognized by the PMM. Trying to get some time to go to a friends house with a phatbox to try my dms in his have not had time yet. Before was having an issue that the craddle was not being recognized but fixed that problem.

Edit: The craddle is not able to be seen by windows now again. It is a UNrecognized usb deivce.

In need of some assistance...

Luis
« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 03:45:38 am by nkgneto »

Offline sbingner

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
Re: phatbox or dms problem...??
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 03:34:16 am »
Have you removed power from the PhatBox waited a few mins then reconnected?

Offline nkgneto

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 03:40:01 am »
Yes Power from the phat box has been removed plenty of times. Even the plug from behind the phat box has been removed

Offline sbingner

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 03:42:27 am »
Disconnect it from power, remove the DMS, wait a moment... then reconnect it.   Watch the lights, and explain what exactly they do... if there is a blink code, describe it.

If your DMS works in windows and you can CHKDSK it ok, it's probably not anything wrong with the DMS itself

Offline nkgneto

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2007, 03:43:54 am »
I can not see it on windows. ???

The cradle has not able to be seen by windows now again(ever) the dms doctor says success data mount found but that is all.  It is a UNrecognized usb deivce. I have not been able to see the dms at ALL.

When the dms is in the cradle what color is the led supposed to be? ???

green light blink 1 pause 3 pause then lots...then both on then all over again? >:(

I need some freakin phatbox..i need my fix..... ;)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 05:28:21 am by nkgneto »

Offline sbingner

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2007, 05:50:13 am »
looks like 3 blinks could indicate a hardware error talking to the DMS and 4 times could indicate the DMS not accepting an ATA command -- which would also be bad

I hope you flashed your phatbox already, because indications are... you have a bad DMS... you can also take the PhatBox apart and make sure everything's seated, but since it's not working in windows that's probably a waste of time.   If you can get it working in windows but NOT in the phatbox I'd reccomend that.

Offline nkgneto

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2007, 01:59:12 pm »
no I have not flashed it's an unhacked box, I was just wanting to find out why it didn't work and came across this site. I don't know what to do?? ???

Offline nkgneto

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2007, 06:53:28 pm »
Any local members with experience near chicago???