Author Topic: OGG file transfer error  (Read 3811 times)

Offline chico

• A few posts under my belt.
  • PhatHacker
OGG file transfer error
« on: March 02, 2007, 12:03:53 am »
I have encoded my music as ogg vorbis files and am trying to transfer them onto the DMS.  The problem is that I get an error message saying "Phatnoise DMS can only play MP3, WMA, WAV, and FLAC files at 44.100, 22.050, & 8-kHz frequencies and AA format 4 files".  I know that the Phatbox is supposed to support the ogg file format (I used PMM to encode them), so what do I need to do to get this to work?

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
Re: OGG file transfer error
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 03:45:56 am »
The newer versions of PMM (media manager) should allow you to turn on optional support for ogg vorbis syncing and not give that error message.  make sure you have the latest ogg decoder files installed on the phtsys

Offline chico

• A few posts under my belt.
  • PhatHacker
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2007, 04:06:29 am »
Thanks for the reply.  I'm running version 1.87 (which shipped with the phatbox).  I'm not having luck locating version 2.30 online.  Do you know where I could find a copy or how I could update the phatsys?  I'm kind of a newb at editing these things.  Thanks for your help.

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007, 04:33:12 am »
you'll have to go with Media manager instead, 3.92 is the latest and only one available for download anymore.

Offline sbingner

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2007, 06:08:48 am »
Newer Music Managers will work too -- but they won'thave proper tag support on the ogg files