Author Topic: Importing files and keeping track number order  (Read 5376 times)

Offline strictly_biz

Importing files and keeping track number order
« on: March 17, 2007, 04:40:27 am »
I cant seem to figure out how to import tracks and have them default their order to track number.

It seems to be alphabetical.

The only way I've found is to either import them all with the wizard and then manually right click each "cd" and change the sort order to track number.

Or create a "cd" then drag and drop the tracks from the media explorer.

I have over 700 cd's to import and the thought of doing them all by hand is daunting.

thx

Offline beckfield

• A few posts under my belt.
  • PhatHacker
Re: Importing files and keeping track number order
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2007, 07:34:37 am »
I cant seem to figure out how to import tracks and have them default their order to track number.

It seems to be alphabetical.

The only way I've found is to either import them all with the wizard and then manually right click each "cd" and change the sort order to track number.

Or create a "cd" then drag and drop the tracks from the media explorer.

I have over 700 cd's to import and the thought of doing them all by hand is daunting.

thx

Which program are you using, Music Manager or Media Manager?  I don't use Media Manager, so this advice may not be of use, but...

I don't use the Phatnoise programs to rip my CDs.  I use another program (Exact Audio Copy), which also creates a playlist file (.m3u extension).  This is a simple text file, listing the track titles in CD order.  I then simply drag and drop the .m3u file into Music Manager, and it creates the playlist, with the files in order.

Hope it helps,
Ken

Offline todd1010

• Veteran.
  • 2005 Audi S4
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2007, 07:26:53 pm »
If you click on the "album header" at the top of the playlist then it will ask if you want to sort by that method and just click yes. The you will have each album in order.
todd1010 AT gmail DOT com

Offline strictly_biz

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 10:40:15 pm »
I'm using Music Manager...

I didnt see a clickable "album header" but will check that out

what I ended up doing was using some free app to copy my ripped cd database to a new location with the track number appended to the file name, then alphabetical orders the numbers... would prefer to just click this album header thing

Offline todd1010

• Veteran.
  • 2005 Audi S4
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 10:51:59 pm »
Yeah it doesn't have any kind of writing on the header and it kinda is hidden. So what you'll basically do is once the music is on your DMS just open up the playlist and click on the header for the album and every album located in that playlist will be organized by the album order.
todd1010 AT gmail DOT com