Author Topic: folder and subfolders on music keg?  (Read 6850 times)

Offline oncl_fab

folder and subfolders on music keg?
« on: May 10, 2007, 09:39:06 pm »
hello, i have a phatbox switched to music keg on a kenwood kvt627-dvd.
i'd like to know if i can put my music on my dms to have folders (named "artist") and subfolders for albums like on a mp3 cd or dvd.
on my touch screnn i have this:
01 PLY01 "artist01" - "album01"
02 PLY01 "artist01" - "album02"
etc...
the trouble is that all these things that are written take some place and in fact i don't see more than "01 PLY01 "art.....
no really nice to chosse an album!
thx

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
Re: folder and subfolders on music keg?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2007, 07:10:44 am »
Unfortunately the Phatbox/Keg doesn't work from 'Folder' structures, it uses M3u playlists coupled with playlist indicator files, which have the extension PBX.

Essentially it loads PROFILE.INI to determine the number of playlists available to you, then scans your profile directory [PhtData\Profiles\Default] to list that number of PBX files, which in turn have an associated M3u file.

It uses the PBX to display the current 'album' data on the Head Unit, and then uses the (pre-formatted) extended data from the M3u file to display the track data on the Head Unit.  This data is created by the PhatNoise Media Manager software and you need to make sure that you have the appropriate 'format' selected for playlist generation so that it displays correctly. 

In PhatNoise Music Manager, check out the option 'Pattern for Created Songs' under 'Options' and on the 'CD Encoder' tab.

In PhatNoise Media Manager, go to options and take a look under the 'Music Directory' option, I believe it's using the 'File Name Pattern'.

However to do what you want - you you would need to confident about manually hack the M3u and PBX files.  Confidence aside, manual hacking would also require you to re-generate the associated .SIG files to ensure the playlists are recognised by the PhatBox.

For a quick fix for what is being displayed on the Head Unit, you should also take a look into the firmware properties.

In PMM under 'Options', 'Firmware / Plugins', 'Properties' take a look at the different 'List Title Text' options.  You are probably set to the factory default setting which is a pretty bland setting.  Try setting it to 'Disc Text' to get rid of the playlist mode/disc number and just to show you the text only.

One thing I will be doing with PhatHack Media Manager is to ensure that any modificaton to the 'Pattern File Name' or any other option that needs to be applied globally is applied globally. 

Right now, my playlist data is all over the place because of PhatNoise - and it's one of my biggest gripes which spurred me to write a replacement!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 07:12:59 am by VorTechS »
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline oncl_fab

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2007, 10:03:33 am »
ok thank i have modified the display, i won't have anymore "PLY01"
i can't create folders, ok, like on phatbox on my seat system...
but can i switch to "artist" and albums navigation?
thx!

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2007, 10:37:34 am »
If you have a Kenwood Head Unit and the SSA plugin, then yes.
If not, sadly no.
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline onclfab

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2007, 01:06:41 pm »
hello, thank u for answers.
i do'nt have a kenwood keg, it's a phatbox that was switched to kenwood to work on my kvt 627 dvd.
how can i know if i have SSA plugin?
where can i find it? and will it work on a phatbox switched?
will my head unit display artist list and album list after choosing an artist?
thank u
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 01:09:28 pm by onclfab »

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2007, 03:48:33 pm »
the plugin has to be purchased from phatnoise.  there is a way to fool the plugin process to think your system is a keg instead of a phatbox and get the plugin to enable properly but I dont recall the process off hand. 

Offline oncl_fab

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2007, 03:52:13 pm »
hello, i saw that i can put only the SSA plugin (no need viot), but in the "howto", the steps need linux?
how can i put SSA plugin with windows xp?
thx

Offline sbingner

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2007, 11:40:14 pm »
To enable SSA you need to follow the lower instructions at http://wiki.phathack.com/VIOT -- you don't need to compile aadec, just use the one that's distributed with the patch scripts.

Offline oncl_fab

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2007, 02:53:03 am »
hello, thank u for answer.
can u just tell me where can i find this patch script?
thx