Author Topic: WANTED: New hack process testers  (Read 16431 times)

Offline syscon7

Re: WANTED: New hack process testers
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2007, 06:24:08 pm »
I'm willing to give it a try. Sent a note earlier but haven't heard anything. If you need an email, send it to
rmgroff at enter dot net.

Offline S80_UK

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran.
  • Volvo S80 D5 with VW Phatbox
    • Volvo Phatbox Installation
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2007, 07:10:24 pm »
I'm willing to give it a try. Sent a note earlier but haven't heard anything. If you need an email, send it to
rmgroff at enter dot net.
VorTechS is away this week - he may contact you when he's back.

Les.

Offline Jamz

« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2007, 08:51:27 pm »
Sign me up :)  I have a hacked phatbox and have a 60gb drive to hack up now...

Offline MacDaddy

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2007, 09:43:12 pm »
VorTechS - just wanted to post and let you know that I followed through with the wizard after the initial hiccup (sent in separate email).  Everything worked like a champ.  I have a hacked DMS and a new demon has taken residence in my Phatbox to growl at me each time I turn it on:-)

I think I may know what was throwing off the logic in looking for the DMS.  I use one of the INOI media tanks to hold an external DVD drive (see http://www.inoi.com/English/dw567b.asp for example).  It also has a 6-in-1 card reader slot that can throw off the driver lettering (and might mislead the USB/removeable drive mapping).  The DMS cradle was plugged in to the USB outlet of the media tank.  I don't know how rare that configuration is, but you might see something similar in the rest of the community.

I'm ready to go on to the next stage.  Let me know if I can try the alpha track for the new DMS config or if I should go through the traditional approach.

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2007, 03:37:12 am »
i've noticed that if the phathack DMS wizard creates the DMS drives and swaps the drive letters (so phtdta has a lower letter) that PMM will write data to the wrong drives.  Be careful that you don't run into that issue.

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2007, 06:58:55 am »
i've noticed that if the phathack DMS wizard creates the DMS drives and swaps the drive letters (so phtdta has a lower letter) that PMM will write data to the wrong drives.  Be careful that you don't run into that issue.

Jud, you're still confused about terminology here ;)
The 'Hack Wizard' applies the hack to the PhatBox - it doesn't do the new DMS stuff.
MacDaddy wasn't on the Alpha test (the new DMS creation).

As for the Alpha test, I really need some more testing done on this so I can finish the job off - it's gotta be real close to working now! :)

MacDaddy, thanks for the info.  You're right, there might be an issue with WMI seeing additional USB devices and treating them as disks, although by the looks of the error you got, with no disk ID.  I'll take a look at the logs and see if I can work out what upset the Wizard and get you to try it out for me again just to make sure it get's to the next point.

Once we get beyond this point, then I'll add you on to the Alpha track - perhaps if I get a few more people on this we'll work out why the New DMS isn't working in the PhatBox. ;)
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline MacDaddy

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2007, 01:11:19 pm »
Sounds good to me.  Just let me know how I can "reset" the wizard and I'll be glad to try it a few more times before changing out the physical hard drive. 

I also have two laptops and a HTPC that I can try the wizard from for more diversity.

PS - would it help to send you the sysinfo from my home machine (I'm at work now, but could send to you later this evening)?

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2007, 01:25:11 pm »
I don't think there is any need for the SysInfo - I just need to sure up the stuff reading the WMI results, which I'm on to now amongst adding some additional code for what looks like the remaining problem with the NewDMS replacement.
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline mcoto

« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2007, 07:45:00 pm »
Hey if you still need testers.  I have two virgin boxes and would like to upgrade my DMS to 120GB (already have the HD).  just let me know

M

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2007, 06:35:35 am »
Testers are always needed!  Thanks for the offer.
Send me you e-mail address and I'll send you some instructions and the link to the latest tools.

Offline mcoto

« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2007, 11:26:26 am »
Sorry, forgot to check the forum.  I have started the upgrade on one of my boxes (haven't finished yet).  I'd love to try out the new set up.  Currently I'm having some problems with the old method (Boot x- failed for me.  I'm going to run the updater again), but I'll be happy to use the new setup on my second box.

email is kupermans@gmail.com

M

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2007, 06:35:42 pm »
E-mail sent, I'm not around until Wednesday now so I'll pick up any further mails on this topic then.

If there is anyone out there with BOTH Vista and Windows XP I'd really appreciate hearing from you to aid with some confirmations that we require with the new tools!

Offline mcoto

« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2007, 01:51:46 am »
Thanks for the program.  I have both XP and  Vista.  I have successfully hacked one of my two units using XP.  I can try the other unit using vista.  Do I need to download anything else?

email me at  kupermans@gmail.com

M

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2007, 06:40:33 am »
Follow-up e-mail sent.

Offline brax

• A few posts under my belt.
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2007, 06:43:39 am »
im down to try it, i think i have flashed my virgin audi box half way

braxs4 at gmail

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2007, 06:52:32 am »
Mail sent

Offline brax

• A few posts under my belt.
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2007, 03:39:45 pm »
heres my luck with the beta test after testing the unsuccessful manual way...

my other post for more info = http://forum.phathack.com/index.php/topic,1278.0.html

""  ok, i have the audi nav+ headunit, "same commands as the concert2 etc"

im not sure of the firmware,  will mm tell me?

as for the new drive, i followed the instructions and did the test for the "invalid track" but it gives me a no changer error almost instantly.

i unpatch'd the old cart. then try'd the new beta sw, it repatch's me, then tells me to insert the cart into my dms to let it update,
so i do this and it plays my first 2 cds as normal instantly, i let it run for 15 mins, still the same, no update and i only have my first 2cds now when i had over 60..

so i re-insert the cart into the base and run the beta wizard as prompt'd and it tells me im stuck at step 6 and to insert my cart back into the dms to update!

:bangshead: Huh

should i wipe the old cart and restart?"""

p.s.   audi/volkswagen  brand stereos. vs 5.01
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 03:44:58 pm by brax »