Author Topic: Dead Phatbox....  (Read 4333 times)

Offline baconballs

Dead Phatbox....
« on: May 13, 2007, 01:30:13 pm »
Hi Everyone,
                 I have a dead Phat box with a 20Gb cartridge. I was playing my Phatbox when, after finishing playing a track, it skipped and shuffled its way through the whole cartridge and then played the same track again. I turned the ignition switch to off and removed the key. I then reinserted it and turned the ignition switch to on in the hope that the box may reboot, but it never did. The Phatbox is fitted to an Audi S4 2004 with Audi Symphony ICE (6 cd changer in dashboard, radio, cassette). I checked the lead from the Phatbox to the Symphony and found it to be damaged. I replaced it but the Phatbox is still dead. No lights. Unable to select it. Seems completely dead. Is there a reset or internal fuse? I dunno. I would appreciate  any help or advice. 

Thanks

Gav

Offline sbingner

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
Re: Dead Phatbox....
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2007, 10:16:08 pm »
That's tough... when you disconnect the phatbox from power, once reconnected to power when it first detects a DMS cartridge inserted it should power up and then shut itself back down... does it at least do this?

Offline baconballs

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2007, 06:08:11 am »
Hi,
Thanks for the reply. My Phatbox does nothing at all when disconnected and reconnected, cartridge in, cartridge out. No lights. Not a sausage

Offline sbingner

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2007, 08:10:51 am »
You might try opening it up and checking the connection of your IDE cable... they have been known to come loose

Offline baconballs

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2007, 12:50:56 pm »
Hi,
I tried looking inside but nothing loose or disconnected. Nothing burnt or charred either. Everything looks ok, but no life when plugged into car...

Gav