Author Topic: PHTSYS is full  (Read 7968 times)

Offline bluecollarpilot

PHTSYS is full
« on: May 13, 2007, 09:40:07 pm »
I'm very new here.

I've switched to Vista, and I'm having a nasty time getting my cartridge to work on it. For starters Vista says the PHTSYS drive is full, even after a fresh reformat.

Anyone?

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
Re: PHTSYS is full
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2007, 10:03:11 pm »
i remember something about that where vista was writing swap file data to the connected USB drive, you had to disable that somehow, but I can't remember what the trick was.  I don't use Vista because it is a terrible OS in my opinion so I cant test it out to help you..

anyone else?

Offline sbingner

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2007, 10:04:25 pm »
Solution: Format c: then install Windows XP

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2007, 10:13:08 pm »
wow we really hate on vista round here eh? :)

Offline sbingner

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2007, 10:14:47 pm »
I have yet to hear a GOOD report from anybody who installed Vista...  It's starting to remind me of Windows ME

Offline sbingner

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2007, 10:17:09 pm »
Oh, did I mention I sold my Microsoft shares about a week ago?

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2007, 02:02:56 am »
oddly enough, I just bought a PC today for my mother (mothers day wasn't the reason, her drive died and she wanted a new pc since it was old and slow)... the only desktops available have Vista on it.  That damned thing took TWO HOURS to set up from power on till everything was updated / patched and you could reboot the system and do stuff.  it sucked.

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2007, 09:12:04 am »
i remember something about that where vista was writing swap file data to the connected USB drive, you had to disable that somehow, but I can't remember what the trick was.  I don't use Vista because it is a terrible OS in my opinion so I cant test it out to help you..

anyone else?

That sounds like Vista's ReadyBoost, but I thought by default it was disabled.

In explorer right-click the drive, choose properties.  Select the 'ReadyBoost' tab and then select 'Do not use this device'.
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline bluecollarpilot

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2007, 04:21:04 am »
Gentlemen,
I switched my cradle to a POS laptop that has a stripped down version of WINxp. I get the same problems. I'm starting to wonder if my cartridge is bad. XP recognizes my phtsys and phtdta partitions but when i run the dmsutils, the phthack.bat, it says it sees multiple drives or new drives and will not complete to .bat.

Also, i'm having problems installing the original firmware onto the DMS cartridge.

thanks for your help.

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2007, 06:31:09 am »
Perhaps you can try the new hack Wizard, as long as the DMS is original it won't reject the cartridge and will only fail if the DMS is REALLY out of space - or you have errors in the FileSystem.
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline bluecollarpilot

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2007, 02:39:42 pm »
How do I get the new hack wizard?
Thanks,

Offline bluecollarpilot

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2007, 01:09:46 am »
end of problem, reformated phtsys. and used new phathack manager