Author Topic: Music Keg help  (Read 6624 times)

Offline jason2112

Music Keg help
« on: June 11, 2007, 12:21:24 pm »
Is there any way to get the VOIT plugin with out paying the $75.00?

When you hack a DMS cartridge what exactly are you doing to it?

I have a kenwood KVT -915 dvd is there any new firmware updates for the unit or any changes I can make with the music keg that would constitute hacking the cartridge?

When I press pause on the unit 2-3 secs later I hear a big pop through the speakers is this common? and if its on pause for a long time you can sometimes hear noises like static?

any other helpful information you can give would be apperciative!!!

Thanks

Jason

Offline sbingner

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
Re: Music Keg help
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 07:54:42 pm »
It is possible to enable the SSA functions... check http://wiki.phathack.com/VIOT

Offline jason2112

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2007, 10:20:30 pm »
I have to find the hack cd and use this first? If so where might I get the CD?

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2007, 07:07:00 am »
Hmmm, I think there is a thread somewhere - oh, wait, er, what was it called?

Oh yea a quick search turns up 'PhatBox Hacking' located here:

Certainly the WIKI talks about 'Hack CD' but if you are a windows user then this has been superceded by a new hack process which is illustrated under the following thread, suitably entitled ' Windows based DMS / Phatbox Hack (HackCD replacement thread) ' which can be found here:

...and if you are a Windows user and feeling brave, you can join in the testing for a new hack process by checking out the following thread:

Although I'm still currently working on the replacement for NewDMS.bat, which is soooooo close to being finished it's untrue - just need to find the code to format the newly created partitions.

Good luck!
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)