Author Topic: Patch not working (yet) on Volvo V70 - keeps playing music  (Read 8662 times)

Offline ajwkappe

• PhatHacker
Patch not working (yet) on Volvo V70 - keeps playing music
« on: June 06, 2007, 09:37:34 pm »
Hi,

I am currently in the process of hacking my Volvo Phatbox, however I am not getting the audio complete message nor do i see any files in the 'log' directory of my PHTSYS drive.

I am running dmsutils version 1.2.1, my headunit is a HU-850 with Volvo firmware version 4.1 I live in the Netherlands, not sure if that makes any difference to the model installed...

I inserted the disc once, it started with music. I retried, it did not play any sound although time was passing and I saw it skip to the next song. Then verified the log directory, but nothing. All later attempts just result in playing my music from the original disc.

HELP :-) what am I doing wrong.

This is the bootload.log:

BOOT0-0: OK
BOOT0-1: OK
BOOT0: Successful
BOOT9: Successful
BOOTB: Successful
BOOTF: Successful
BOOT*: Successful

Many thanks for your help!

<EDIT> I have also tried altering the ramdisk.sig file, now it does not play music but also does not apply the patch. STill no log files in the log directory on PHTSYS. Bootload is now different:

BOOT0-1: OK
BOOT0: Successful
BOOT9: Successful
BOOTB: Successful
BOOTF: Successful
BOOT*-X: Failed

</EDIT>
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 11:36:05 pm by ajwkappe »

Offline sbingner

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
Re: Patch not working (yet) on Volvo V70 - keeps playing music
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 12:14:05 am »
Sounds like the patch never applied... the bootload.log is meaningless, we would need to see a patch.log

You might want to try vortechs new patch wizard... it's got updated scripts with better logging also.

Last, we've had reports of startup sounds not being executed unless the box is disconnected from power...

Offline ajwkappe

• PhatHacker
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2007, 07:57:54 am »
Agree. I also believe the patch is not applied. I will try to disconnect the power from the Phatbox, maybe that helps. So far there is not any log file in the log folder. I'll let you know my results.

Vortech: would you be able to send me the new patch wizard or post me the link to this? The version I used is this one: http://downloads.phathack.com/judb/dmsutils-v1.2.1.exe

Many thanks for your thoughts and help.

NB after applying the Patchclean.bat program I see this: 'unmatched " [96]' message, does this mean anything or can I ignore?

I tried again, unplugged the power from the Phatbox completely, waited a few seconds, reconnected and again, it just starts playing the music like before... it seems it cannot see or find the startupfile...

I will now start testing the new wizard that Vortech emailed me, lets see if this gives some better results :-)

First test results:

The Wizard starts correct, does find my DMS without issues and starts the wizard without errors. It moves me through all steps, except for step 5 and 6, they are executed according to the log but the window is not 'active' or not 'updated', at least I could not read what it said. Then the last window tells me to remove the DMS and apply it in the Phatbox.

So far so good, however it will not apply the patch in the car. It continues to just start playing the playlist when I left the car last time. I will now try the corrupt sig file again, see if that helps. I attached the logs until so far. Maybe it is applicable to my Volvo box only but I am not sure. It looks like it wont 'play' the startup sound. I am going to test this with a real mp3 file, see if that works.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 10:44:38 am by ajwkappe »

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2007, 01:12:04 pm »
it does not appear to be attempting to play the startup sound like it should... that is where the scripts are executed from.

What to do?

You should try formatting phtsys, apply fresh firmware and remove the forceupdate / forcesettings files and reapply the hack... then try and run it and see if that works.  (backup your plugins)

Offline ajwkappe

• PhatHacker
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2007, 01:52:21 pm »
OK, I'll give it a try... I backup-ed all my folders and files on the SYS drive. Do I need to copy all 4 zip files back to the DMS? (Headunit/Deamon/System/Player)

Offline ajwkappe

• PhatHacker
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2007, 02:23:45 pm »
Did the format and replaced all files. Now I am getting a DISK ERROR message... I attached the logfile.txt maybe you can read this :-) I can't at, thats for sure :-)

Appreciate your help!

OK: The DISK ERROR is gone now after giving it some time. It is playing again, but still no logfiles from the patch and no confirmation.

I attached a new logfile for your reference...<EDIT> The logfile is too large for this forum I will try to split it in 2 </EDIT>

Many thanks
Alex
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 03:14:31 pm by ajwkappe »

Offline ajwkappe

• PhatHacker
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2007, 01:22:25 pm »
OK I give up, apparently it does not work well for the Volvo as I am not able to apply the patch. If anyone has some final suggestions I appreciate it else I am going to leave it for what it is...

Thanks
Alex

Offline sbingner

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2007, 07:42:12 pm »
Can you disable some of the voice prompt stuff?   I don't see where it actually played the startup sound...  But I did see the logfile reference it

Offline ajwkappe

• PhatHacker
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2007, 01:24:54 pm »
Hi, I think I disable most of it, tried to patch again, and now there is a patch.log (see attached) I do not see the other log file.

Alex

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2007, 01:33:15 pm »
your box is fully patched.

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2007, 02:14:38 pm »
ajkwappe,

Is the last hack you ran from the DMS Utils or from the new DMS Hack Wizard?

I ask because I may need to do a code change to disable Voice Prompts based on what sbingner advised you to do.
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline ajwkappe

• PhatHacker
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2007, 03:17:27 pm »
Hi Vortech I used the wizard, not the utils. And again, your Wizard runs very smooth, however, since it cannot find the patchverified.log it will not continue after step 6. As judb mentiones the patch has been applied now, there is no way for the wizard to see this is true. I don't know if there are other feutures in the wizard that are usefull after the patch is applied, maybe you should build an option to go straight to the main menu or start page (if there is any) and skip the patching part.

Thanks again!

Offline ajwkappe

• PhatHacker
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2007, 06:16:49 pm »
And it works! Thanks for all your help. Vortech, I used DmsUtils to create the new disk as I did not know how to do that with your wizard, however I am willing retry this for you when you found a way to access the Create New disk option without going through the Hack process.

Regards and thanks again!
Alex

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2007, 07:47:24 pm »
If you have one of the appropriate logs now, you should try to complete the wizard - as it needs to make a change to your Profiles.INI on the original DMS in order to prevent the hack from being applied again.  The fact that you have only one of the logsmight mean I need to take into consideration something that we've missed, even if it is something in the minority.  I'd like to make suer it doesn't prevent others falling into the same problems.

I would appreciate the log files as generated by the Hack Wizard so that I can take a look at it, in case there is anything in there I need to be aware of.

Sam, is the 'Voice Prompt' issue something that perhaps we need to get the hack wizard to deal with?  [I assume simply changing the setting in Profiles.INI should be enough?]
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline sbingner

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2007, 11:38:36 am »
I was just making stuff up, I have no idea if the voice prompt stuff meant anything... just saw it in the log and it was something that could be removed ;)

Offline ajwkappe

• PhatHacker
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2007, 05:05:39 pm »
Hi Vortech, the patch.log is in this thread, however the wizard did not let me pass step 5, it still said "Patch Failed the patchverify.log is missing"

Let me know if you like me to test something further.

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2007, 08:57:37 am »
ajwkappe, if you read the e-mail that accompanied the Hack Wizard you'll see that the Wizard generates it's own log on the PC.  [My Documents\PhatHack Media Manager].

Please send me or post that file.

I'll modify the hack wizard again to not be concerned about a missing PatchVerify if a PatchLog exists and send it to you so that you can complete the wizard.

I'll do that with the current release I'm working on, which will include the ability to create a new DMS.