Author Topic: Flashing Kenwood 710 Failed (error logs)  (Read 6454 times)

Offline BioBob

• A few posts under my belt.
Flashing Kenwood 710 Failed (error logs)
« on: July 10, 2007, 10:02:58 am »
Ok so I said to myself I'll try it anyway...  Twice.  I'll post both results, some results are expected like already flashed...

---

grrr, 9999 character limit, ok ok i'll put the log files here:

http://www.intercomm.com/biobob/dms.txt

----

Well, im gonna do a cleanpatch.bat and try again tomorrow, of course checking here see if you have any info for me...

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
Re: Flashing Kenwood 710 Failed (error logs)
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 10:24:39 am »
It worked!  The last 2 sections of your logs show that the patch was applied the second time round.  You are good to go!

The thing about the Kegs [that I've noticed] is that they don't always play the startup sound, so you won't get the 'Hack Complete' message. 

Usually disconnecting the Keg from the headunit, waiting and reconnecting will solve this initially.  I'm still trying to work out what conditions cause it to break, whatever it is usually results in an entry in one of the error logs of '/dev/null not found'.

In any case, you are patched.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 10:28:55 am by VorTechS »
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline BioBob

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 08:04:51 pm »
Wow, didnt even know I did that right.  I was half expecting that the log was supposed to say Verified on every line so I was thrown off by the first part...

patch.log

: No such file or directory
PhatPatch v0.8 - original code by bushing, additional patches by sbingner
Finding patch offsets:
Verified standard patch offsets
Verifying:
Patch 1 @ 0bb8: make drive signature check always succeed: [bne verify_sig_failed -> bne PC+1]
Expected: 0000 1a00    Actual: 0033 1a00
Unverified!
Patch 2 @ 0bec: make rc.sh signature check always succeed: [bne verify_sig_failed -> bne PC+1]
Expected: 0000 1a00    Actual: 0026 1a00
Unverified!

Ok, so off my original point, when I originally got my PhatNoise box, they only offered a 20 gig model as the largest thing out there.  Now they are up to 120 gigs.  Strange coincidince that you guys ran into the 120 gig barrier, and thats where they are at...  Kind of makes me wonder if their size increase is based on the work done here...

Offline sbingner

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 08:12:30 pm »
We have no limit on the size, their 120GB limit is because they DIDN'T incorperate what we did... which they could do completely legally

Offline BioBob

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 10:39:13 pm »
They're just working people for more money.  $399 for the same size HD, lame.  I still suspect that because the largest product they offer is the 120 is still based off your work because you guys always came out with the larger sizes before they did, I'd swear they were copy catting you, and trying to stay one step behind for everyone else that blows money on not doing the work themselves, probably cheaper for them too!

Well after 7 hours and a big mistake of copying my files over to a dying hd, Im finally up and runnin with everything working on my new 120 gig which only cost me $89 bones!  I didnt know the HD was dying until I tried copying everything back off of that drive to my new one, but I only lost two files to CRC errors.  I have other backups so no big deal, woot 120, 120, whose the dumb drunk guy that can do this!

By the way, I got two new files in my dmsutils directory called:

DMS-1MB-USB-FS PhatNoise DMS 10 USB Device.bin
DMS-1MB-USB-FS WDC WD1200BEVE-1 USB Device.bin

What am I supposed to do with those?  I couldnt find any documentation other than what the .bat file said and copy and back them up...

----

edit:

Well poop!  It WAS going so well, I made all my changes on a different box because Im out of HD space for backups on one box, but its also where all my MP3's are.  So I have my new 120 gig drive, and it works fine in the keg, it works fine on the other computer, but this one, when I plug it into my USB 2.0 cradle, windows basically says it doesnt have a driver for it, although it worked fine on two boxes at work...

Any thoughts?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 12:23:16 am by BioBob »

Offline sbingner

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2007, 09:55:35 am »
It should work... but you could always just share between the 2 computers over the network ;)

Offline BioBob

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2007, 06:40:22 am »
I think I got a USB port on that box that might be dying, it recognized that there was hardware but didnt do anything with it.  Switched USB ports, and works fine, albeit the system seems to take a while to recognize the hardware.