Author Topic: Reinstalled my PMM Software 2.0  (Read 8891 times)

Offline TrickDaddy

Reinstalled my PMM Software 2.0
« on: August 27, 2007, 10:58:18 pm »
I have a Kenwood c-710 with 40gb Hard Drive. I had to format my computer and reinstall all my software. I reinstalled my PMM software. I tried to install my VIOT plugin, but PMM is saying I have a firmware mismatch, anyone ever come across this issue?

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
Re: Reinstalled my PMM Software 2.0
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 06:45:56 am »
I think it's quite a common issue and nothing to worry about. 

You can quite happily carry on with this warning - or to get rid of it, re-load the firmware through the PMM software.
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline TrickDaddy

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2007, 10:11:23 pm »
Thanks for the reply Vortech, but it's a little deeper than that. When I try to install my plugin for Viot, the firmware mismatch wont allow me to load it. I get the voice prompt not installed message when I eject my DMS. In essence, I have disc announce becuase my voice prompts wont install due to the firmware mismatch. Is there a way to editthe CurrentSetup XML file to a matching firmware for the VIOT plugin??? :-\ :-[

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2007, 04:41:20 pm »
Easiest way would be to reload using the Kenwood 13.01 firmware through PMM.
If you are sure the firmware hasn't changed then delete the files 'forceupdate' and 'forcesettings' and then try and load the VIOT plugin after.
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline markbowen

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2007, 05:47:53 pm »
Is the subject line of this topic -- "Reinstalled my PMM Software 2.0" -- correct?  Are you using an outdated version of the software?
Kenwood DNX7200/Kenwood KHD-C710 Keg/320GB DMS

Offline TrickDaddy

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2007, 06:12:14 pm »
My mistake guys it's 2.2, the upgrade that came with th VIOT software that I purchased.

Offline TrickDaddy

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2007, 06:21:51 pm »
Deleted these 2 files 'forceupdate' and 'forcesettings' , it still gives the error firmware mistmatch, what am I missing? Can I edit CurrentSetup xml to change the firmware manually?

Offline markbowen

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2007, 06:07:24 pm »
I'm not saying it will work, but try upgrading to Music Manager 2.30 or Media Manager 3.xx.  You might be using a newer firmware (13.01 is the last Kenwood firmware) than the older software is capable of recognizing.

Also see:  http://wiki.phathack.com/VIOT
Kenwood DNX7200/Kenwood KHD-C710 Keg/320GB DMS

Offline sbingner

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2007, 04:31:19 am »
Once you install the VIOT software you can update to newer versions of PMM... that may very well be a good idea

Offline TrickDaddy

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2007, 04:41:20 am »
This is still kicking my butt. When I try to install my VIOT plugin(that I purchased) I get a firmware mismatch and plugin will not install error. I have the latest firmware (13.01). I have tried 1) Updating my Software, deleting the force files, and even reformatting using my DMS boot disc, and still no luck. Anybody got a suggestion or should I just get a bigger hardrive and use SSA after the hack process? :-[