Author Topic: Definitive Answer to Which headunit file I should choose?  (Read 6796 times)

Offline dahonam

Definitive Answer to Which headunit file I should choose?
« on: October 29, 2007, 08:12:25 am »
I have a 20gb Audi phatbox with a Symphony II hedunit, with update 7.02 on the dms, the box says firmware "3950.7".  I am still trying to figure out which headunit #/Letter I shoud select, the Phatnoise Audi manual says to use option #8, which comes out to D, I've read to use N, and to try R, but each of them gives me a problem.  Whenever i startup my car, the phatbox loads, but stays on cdc1 track x xx:xx  (x for whatever track /time it stopped at) with no music for about 7-10 minutes, red light stays on, green light blinks once every 6[ish] secods.  After a while it will start to play music, but I cannot use the cd/track change buttons... After a couple cycles (turn off the head unit and back on), magically I can change cds/tracks without any problem for the rest of the drive, but as soon as I shut off my car and turn it back on again, the whole process repeats over... Could this be an issue of selecting the wrong headunit for the firmware? Or is it a bigger problem?  Is my DMS capable to running some logs to try to figure this out?  I've had this problem on an off for about 1 1/2 weeks (when i bought the box), i've tried switching to firmware 7.0 w/ no avail.  Anybody have any ideas?  Also, another question... Is it possible to hack a stock dms?  I am aware the hack is to be used for no original dms, but will it work the same way to run it on stock dms?  Thanks, appreciate all the help I can get.

Offline sbingner

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
Re: Definitive Answer to Which headunit file I should choose?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2007, 09:06:45 am »
A stock DMS is REQUIRED to apply the hack.  The DMS is never "hacked" - the changes are all made to the PhatBox itself.

You can put level 10 debug logs on your phatbox to see if it tells you anything useful regarding your problems... http://downloads.phathack.com/bushing/rc_pairs.zip

Offline dahonam

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2007, 10:12:55 pm »
I assume I put those 2 files into the phatsys partition? Just plug the dms into the box, and try to use it as normal, correct?  Then to get to the files I open the .sig or the .sh file?

Offline sbingner

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2007, 11:26:23 pm »
the logfile will be in "logfile.txt" - otherwise, you are correct