Author Topic: Newbie Phatnoise Help Pls  (Read 6419 times)

Offline dibbs26

• A few posts under my belt.
Newbie Phatnoise Help Pls
« on: January 29, 2008, 10:14:29 am »
Hi All.
         I have just recently installed a Phatnoise system to my car and I am having a slight problem.
Basically when the dms is taken out of the drive and inserted in again it works fine, its when I turn the car off, leaving dms inserted, and back on again I encounter this problem.
The problem is say for instance I am playing artist 'madonna' (cd4)
and I want to go to all her albums (cd3) it doesnt do it, all it does is read the first album off from the top of the album list which is not by madonna.
If I eject the cartridge and re insert it works fine until I turn the car off with cartridge installed then its back to not working properly.
Any help appreciated .
Thanks

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
Re: Newbie Phatnoise Help Pls
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 10:59:15 pm »
Sounds like a firmware bug.  Which PhatBox/Car/Stereo combination do you have?

When you go into PhatNoise Media/Music Manager, you have options to check the firmware version... what version firmware does the software say is installed?
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline dibbs26

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 11:30:19 pm »
Hi,
   Thanks for the reply, The Phatnoise 20gb system is in my Audi A4 and the head unit is the concert with single cd.The Firmware Version 5.01............
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 11:53:00 pm by dibbs26 »

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 07:21:38 am »
Okay, well as you are going to be doing a firmware upgrade, I'd wait until you have successfully done that - the problem may well go away....
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline dibbs26

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2008, 08:01:18 pm »
VortechS,
             Many many thanks for your help and information, the problem is now hopefully sorted.
Once again thanks for the invaluable help. Your program is an excellent piece of work !.

Cheers  :)