Author Topic: Does DMS need to be converted?  (Read 5450 times)

Offline spicolte

• A few posts under my belt.
Does DMS need to be converted?
« on: March 02, 2008, 06:52:34 am »
I have a 20gb DMS that was used in a phatbox installed in my 2002 BMW.  I'd like to now use with an Audi phatbox. 

Can I simply plug this DMS into my Audi Phatbox, or do I need to do something to the DMS first?

Searched the forum for this exact question...but couldn't find it.  If it is here, someone please send me the link to the discussion.

Thanks.

Michael

Offline markbowen

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran.
Re: Does DMS need to be converted?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 10:03:22 am »
You at least have to update the firmware on your DMS to work with an Audi box.  Once upon a time, that could be done from within the Phatnoise software, but not anymore.  It can be done using VorTechS' Windows DMS Tools.  If you are not sure which firmware is on the Audi box, you may want to flash the box with the latest firmware as well.  That can also be done from the DMS Tools.  Download the tools, and it should be fairly self-explanatory.  (Just be sure to follow the procedure in your Phatbox manual for updating the firmware.)
Kenwood DNX7200/Kenwood KHD-C710 Keg/320GB DMS

Offline spicolte

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 07:52:00 pm »
Thanks.  I will do all that you suggest.

Michael

Offline spicolte

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 04:19:22 am »
One other question. 

Is it possible to have two separate phatboxes work off of the same PMM?

Since you are telling me I have to configure my DMS to work with the Audi Phatbox, I'm curious what kind of havoc that will cause to my PMM since all I have used it with is my BMW Phatbox and its' DMS.

Is there going to be a problem when I alternate between the two DMS cartridges in relation to connecting them to the PMM?

Thanks.

Michael

Offline sbingner

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2008, 05:45:04 am »
no.  It doesn't matter.  PMM stores all the info on the drive itself