Author Topic: EJECT EJECT EJECT  (Read 9762 times)

Offline j1mw1ng

EJECT EJECT EJECT
« on: July 04, 2008, 07:42:43 am »
I have a Kenwood KHD-C710. I'm using a 10GB DMS with no problem at all. Firmware version is 13.01 and I have the original AAC decoder installed and working.

I bought a new 120GB DMS and used the DMS tool to flash it with the correct firmware, VOIT and AAC plugin etc. Update runs successfully on my PC and when I run PMM it recognises that the DMS has the correct firmware. So I transferred about 10 AAC tracks to the DMS and Saved/Ejected successfully.

When I plug the DMS into my Keg and turn on the Headunit I select HDD EXT and the following is displayed: 'T-05   Loading' for about 10-Secs; 'Reading' for about 20-Sec; and then I just get 'EJECT'

I've tried reinstalling the firmware, unplugging the Keg etc. I've reinserted the 10GB DMS and it works fine.

Any suggestions to get the 120GB DMS working?

Thanks.

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
Re: EJECT EJECT EJECT
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2008, 07:47:44 am »
Is your box hacked?
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline j1mw1ng

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2008, 08:04:24 am »
nope

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2008, 09:38:42 am »
Okay, when you used the DMS tools to install the firmware - did you choose the option 'Install non-hacked firmware'?

If so, you might need to pop the RC pairs onto the disk, which will then have the PhatBox generate a log file and we'll take a look at the file and see what's up.
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline j1mw1ng

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2008, 09:42:56 am »
Yes, I installed non-hacked firmware. What are the 'RC pairs' and where can I find them? Do I just put them in the PHATSYS directory or do they need to go in a specific folder? Thanks.

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2008, 09:49:30 am »
Download: http://downloads.phathack.com/bushing/rc_pairs.zip

In the ZIP you'll see two lots of files, you want the Level10 instance of the files.  Drop them over the existing files in PHTSYS.  Once done, insert the DMS into the box until you get the EJECT message.  Then re-insert into the cradle and check on PHTSYS for a txt file that I keep forgetting the name of.  I think it's logfile.txt?  Anyway, when you look at it you should see lots of --->  and <---- type messages.  That's the file you need to attach.

Offline j1mw1ng

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2008, 09:53:44 am »
Cheers. I'll follow your instructions and will post the log later this evening.

Offline j1mw1ng

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2008, 07:40:18 am »
I copied the rc.sh and rc.sig files into PHATSYS, which overwrote the two files that were already in there. Stuck the DMS into the Keg and it did exactly the same as it did before.  Put it back in the cradle, browsed to logfile.txt and it was empty (0kb); not a single bit of data in there. Any suggestions? ???

Offline j1mw1ng

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2008, 08:16:57 am »
Okay. It seems to have been resolved. I manually removed all of the files from the PHATSYS directory and then reinstalled the firmware, VOIT and AAC plugins using DMS Tool 12.2. I choose to install unhacked firmware and choose not to flash the Keg. Plugged DMS into the Keg and worked perfectly!

I think the problem was me, as I'd tried to replicate the properties of the original 10GB DMS. When checking the properties of the original DMS using PMM, it shows that the AAC Plugin is installed. When the DMS Tool 12.2 installs the AAC Plugin, PMM doesn't indicate that the AAC Plugin is installed. During my first attempt at getting the new DMS to work, I followed advice found in another post on here, and I manually copied the AAC Plugin files from the 10GB DMS to the new 120GB DMS; PMM then showed that the plugin was installed but the DMS wouldn't work in the Keg.

Before manually removing the files in PHATSYS I did use the DMS Tool to try and repair the 120GB DMS, but each time it failed. I'm running Vista Business 32-Bit. Has anyone else experienced this and is there a solution?

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2008, 08:54:59 am »
Ah, okay.  It is not possible to install the AAC plugin from PhatNoise due to activation server issues (Ie there are no activation servers). 

The AAC workaround the DMS tools installs is actually parts of the original plugin made to work in an alternative method - without any of the 'fluffy authentication' stuff in between.

The problem you would have been having is the AAC plugin not being able to work, and removing the AAC plugin folder will have been all you needed to do to get things working.