Author Topic: Save/Eject Error: CoCreateInstance(CLSID_SpVoice) Failed!  (Read 9676 times)

Offline toolfan01975

Save/Eject Error: CoCreateInstance(CLSID_SpVoice) Failed!
« on: November 02, 2007, 02:18:14 pm »
I have 2 problems, however I think that they're one in the same.  The first is I receive an error when selecting Device with in Phatnoise Music Manger 2.30 that states:'The Voice Prompt System Is Not Installed.  To purchase or learn more about the voice prompt system, go to:http://store.yahoo.com/phatnoise/software.html'.  The second problem is when ejecting the DMS via PMM an error mgs appears 'Creating Voice Prompt Files then an error box appears: CoCreateInstance(CLSID_SpVoice) Failed!'

It seems to me that the SSA/VIOT is installed but the trouble is with the TTS, like something is not registered or installed properly?  I'm not sure if I need to follow the Kiwi VIOT instructions or not so any advise would be appreciated.  Listed below is the full story with this Excelon Music Keg, including PHTSYS directory entries and when the error messages appear.

Purchased a (Used) Kenwood Excelon Music Keg, which came with a 10GB DMS Cartridge (For Kenwood Radios) to work with my Kenwood KDC-X969 head unit.  The person I bought the unit from had a different HU than mine but he said that he did have VIOT working.  He claims he worked with Kenwood tech support to configure the VIOT.  He had also had given me the VIOT code he was given by Kenwood.  I contacted Kenwood Support and they said that all Phatnoise Support should be directed to PhatNoise.Org but they would escalate the trouble and someone will contact me.  It seems there is more activity here on Phathack so I'm trying here.

Also, the 10GB DMS with Kenwood Firmware is too small so I purchased a used 120GB DMS Cartridge but it was configured for BMW Series Radios.  To update the cartridge I backed up the PHTSYS directory of the 120GB Cartridge and then deleted it's contents.  I then used the 10GB DMS Cartridge and copied its PHTSYS to the 120GB Cartridge.  That updated the Firmware to Kenwood Brand Stereos Version 13.01. So the PHTSYS dir of the 10GB DMS & the 120GB DMS are exactly the same however neither of them play voice prompt.

When checking the PHTSYS directory there is a subfolder for Plugins, with in the PHTSYS\Plugins directory there is a Plugins.dat file and a Kenwood SSA subdirectory with the following files (inst.pnt, inst.sig, md5sums.txt, options.ini, options.xml, plughome_kssa.html, plugin.ini, plugin.sig, SSA.gif, ssa_plugin_installed.wav)

After Inserting either (10GB or 120GB) DMS cartridge into the Kenwood Excelon Music Keg (KHD-CX910) there are no voice prompts for songs, albums, artists however using the SCAN button on the head unit (KDC-X969)or the Zero Key on the Remote changes the search function and a voice prompt is heard saying the menu selection and allows the search feature to change.  No voice is heard for song/album/artist prior to the music playing.

When I Open Phatnoise Music Manger Version 2.30 and select Device, then select PhatNoise DMS a Dialog Box displays: The Voice Prompt System Is Not Installed.  To purchase or learn more about the voice prompt system, go to:http://store.yahoo.com/phatnoise/software.html with an OK button.  I click OK and the Hardware Options displays: Current Setup: Kenwood Brand Stereos, version 13.01

Clicking on Start Wizard button (to launch the Firmware Configuration Wizard) and selecting Next to choose my specific Head Unit does NOT display a list of Head Units as it displays in the manual.  Clicking on the Check for Updates from the PhatNoise Website goes nowhere and clicking Cancel button closes the Head Unit Wizard.

Clicking on Properties button in the Hardware Options (to modify your firmware's properties and to install plugins:) causes the dialog box display: The Voice Prompt System Is Not Installed.  To purchase or learn more about the voice prompt system, go to:http://store.yahoo.com/phatnoise/software.html

Clicking OK on the dialog box displays the next window Modify Firmware Properties.  With in the Firmware Properties display it lists the following:

Music Keg
   Number of Kenwood Display Digits
   Playlist Announce
   Track Display 250
   List Title Text
   Kenwood SSA
      SSA
      Announce Upon SSA Mode Change
      SSA Track Tex

Clicking Install Plugin button requests the Plugin Registration Code.  I enter the code and click OK but an Error box displays: A connection with the server could not be established with an OK button. Click OK and a new dialog box appears Invalid Server Response: Server could be down.  Please try again later. OK. Click OK and the Install PlugIn Box displays (3.Verifying PlugIn Registration Code...Cancel).  Click Cancel and I'm back to the modify Firmware Properties display window.  Click Save Changes and it returns to the Hardware Options display.

Selecting the DMS Database/Voice Prompts Tab of Hardware Options displays 2 items, Fix DMS Database & Voice Prompting.  With in the Voice Prompting box it displays: The Voice Prompt System Is Not Installed.  To purchase or learn more about the voice prompt system, go to:http://store.yahoo.com/phatnoise/software.html

When I Click Save/Eject DMS a Pop up box appears: Creating Voice Prompt Files then an error box appears: CoCreateInstance(CLSID_SpVoice) Failed!
Click OK
A second Error Box appears: unable to create voice prompt file: H:\TTS\Out of Exile.wav Would you like to continue creating voice prompts?
Click Yes
the Error displays again but on the next Artist/Album,
Click NO
Ejecting Cartridge process continues and completes

If the VIOT/SSA software was not installed, why would it attempt to create voice prompts when ejecting the cartridge?

Any help would be appreciated.

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
Re: Save/Eject Error: CoCreateInstance(CLSID_SpVoice) Failed!
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 03:38:09 pm »
Sorry I didn't reply in the other forum. 
It sounds like you need to re-install the AT&T Natural Voices engine usign the CD which you should have had with your Kenwood Keg.
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline toolfan01975

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 04:16:51 pm »
hello,
No troubles about the other site, I'm sure you're busy.  The PMM CD that I was given with the purchase is an older version of the software but now that you mention it I remember there was something about CAS Speech Support in my Add/Remove Programs folder when I installed from the older PMM CD.  In browsing and researching the 2 formus I found this new Phatnoise Music Manger 2.80 and I had uninstalled the old verision of PMM and I'm using this PMM 2.80 download from the downloads section of the forum site.  I'll try the old CD and see if I can't get the CAS Speech Support loaded and will let you know.

Thank you.

Offline toolfan01975

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2007, 05:17:29 pm »
Reinstalling the PMM Speach software did the trick and cleared both errors, also the voice prompts in the car are now working properly.  Thanks for all your help.

How great is this site?

Thanks again

Offline c0ckac0la

• A few posts under my belt.
  • I didn't sign up for this...
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2008, 07:05:47 pm »
I am running PMM 1.87 on Vista.  My keg is a VW/Audi box hacked for Kenwood HU.  My DMS is hacked with 80 gig Toshiba.  The DMS worked fine before I switched systems over to Vista.  Now when I added music - it says that voice commands couldn't be installed etc. 

I tried to reinstall the pmm speech software several times.  I'm getting an error: 

Error 1906. Failed to cache package C:\Windows\Installer\2db85a2.msi. Error: 2147286775.  Contact your support personnel. 

Any thoughts?

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2008, 09:56:54 pm »
Your problem is thoroughly covered here

http://forum.phathack.com/index.php/topic,896.0.html
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)