Author Topic: Program to format DMS  (Read 5762 times)

Offline DiabloZoe

Program to format DMS
« on: March 23, 2008, 05:44:15 am »
Is there a program to completely format the DMS?? ;D

Offline sbingner

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
Re: Program to format DMS
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 05:50:15 am »
yea... mkdosfs...

You can use the DMS Repair CD, or you can use one of the hack tools to format it for you.  You can format PHTSYS using windows internal format

Offline DiabloZoe

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2008, 01:10:32 pm »
is there a FAQ on exactly how to do this and which program to use exactly? once this is done do I have to re dl the  kenwood update on the   DMS? where do i get that? Or do I use the hack tools and use the new DMS option? with this completely format the cartridge erasing everything?

Offline sbingner

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2008, 09:06:13 pm »
First, why do you want to do this?

The New DMS option would do what you want, but it might be best to wait for the updated release from vortechs... there was some small bug in the new DMS process.  It wasn't a dangerous bug though...

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2008, 02:47:27 am »
Also the new version will include the facility to explicitly format and load the firmware as opposed to re-partitioning the disk.

In the short term you could simply format PHTSYS and PHTDTA and then run the firmware update process using the DMS hack tools.
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline DiabloZoe

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2008, 11:18:12 am »
I thought I had the newest ver? And when in random mode it would skip at the starting of each song! But i ran the new DMS again and erased everything then restored it with music manager and all is fine!!

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2008, 10:26:24 pm »
No, you don't have the newest, noone ever has has the newest version except me!  You had version 11 that I had incorrectly labelled version 12 investigating some issues for S80_UK and Mark Bowen.

The latest version is a little way off even alpha release yet.
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)