Author Topic: phatbox problem audi tt  (Read 13807 times)

Offline sbingner

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
Re: phatbox problem audi tt
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2008, 12:01:29 am »
sorry, if you have an audi I meant audi...

You can connect +12v to the board... there are some connectors on the top left if the top is the side with the connectors on it and the DMS goes in from the bottom.  You can look at the pics on the wiki, I think it's identified there.

Offline S80_UK

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran.
  • Volvo S80 D5 with VW Phatbox
    • Volvo Phatbox Installation
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2008, 11:41:01 am »
My VW to Volvo page shows the power connections on the Phatbox 26 way connector and also direct on to the PCB - these connections are the same between Phatbox models and between different vehicle installations (it is the CD changer signals which change).

http://wiki.phathack.com/VW_Phatbox_to_Volvo_Transplant_%28How_To%29

Ground to pins 4 and 16, +12V to pins 10 and 13 (via a fuse).  Note that the picture of the 26 way connector on the Wiki page is of the cable connector.  The connector on the Phatbox is a mirror image of this of course.

You will probably also need to feed a +12V signal into pin 14 on the 26 way connector to simulate the headunit or ignition being switched on.  I suggest feeding this via a switch and a resistor if you can (1k ohms should be fine).  This method has worked for me in the past to power up the box out of the vehicle.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 11:57:45 am by S80_UK »

Offline Rookie

« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2008, 02:01:55 pm »
@sbingner & S80_UK: thanks for your advices in advance! i'll try to power up the pb out of my car by using the pins. we'll see... ::)