Author Topic: Voice prompt files not installing for Vista  (Read 5076 times)

Offline shawndh

Voice prompt files not installing for Vista
« on: August 26, 2008, 03:12:38 pm »
I'm sorry if this has been asked a thousand times but I've been looking all over the web for answers on how to install the AT&T Natural Voice software so that I can continue to get new voice prompts. Here's what I have:

I'm using a 2.0 Cradle and I have the original 1.87 installer CD. I use the system on my Audi A4. I just bought a new computer with Vista and the PMM works fine, all except adding voice prompts.

I downloaded a hacked file from here: www.brianjonesphotography.com/phat/ATTvoicehack.msi
But the instructions I read were using the PMM software with a newer version than mine. I tried to find the software to update from here: ftp://phatnoise.harman.com/ but nothing's happening there. I registered at phatnoise.org last night but I haven't gotten a response back yet. Something about issues with users attacking the site or something.

What doesn't make sense to me is how or when do I replace the voice file? Maybe this proceedure is only for the newer version of the PMM software? It says to run the installer (PMM) and then when it comes to the voice program replace the file and continue. I don't recall seeing a place where the software stopped for me to replace the file or where to replace this file. Should I be copying the installation CD to the hard drive and replacing a file there? And the hacked file is an installer file. Am I just dropping the installer file in the folder location indicated?

I would really appreciate it if someone could give me some advice.  :( I'm kinda lost.

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
Re: Voice prompt files not installing for Vista
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 10:21:23 am »
If you are having problems download from PhatNoise.org, it's because you are using a browser, or internet security software that is stripping out the referral tags from download requests.

I haven't checked my messages yet there, so will do so now and give you an alternative download link.
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)