Author Topic: New install won't select modes.  (Read 6493 times)

Offline PhysicsTeacher

New install won't select modes.
« on: June 03, 2008, 08:41:30 pm »
This is my second PhatBox; my first is installed with the factory head unit in a 2001 Audi TT and it works as advertised.

Recently, I upgraded my Kenwood double-DIN head unit by adding a MusicKeg.  When I select the CD changer mode on my head unit, the MusicKeg will not recognize any of the buttons 1-6 as mode buttons.  These buttons have subtitles on the H/U for other functions, e.g., scan, random, etc. , and they continue to function in this manner with the MusicKeg selected.  The AM/FM rocker switch moves from one virtual CD to the next, announcing the title of the CD, and the previous/next track buttons change tracks, but I cannot access any browser modes.  It plays the tracks fine.

Am I doing something wrong?

The vehicle is a 2004 Subaru STi (no stock radio) with a Kenwood DPX-4030 CD/cassette head unit.  I am using stock Media Manager software.

Bob

Offline markbowen

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran.
Re: New install won't select modes.
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 11:03:23 am »
The Kenwood Keg differs from your Audi Phatbox, in that mode browsing is not enabled unless you have the SSA/VIOT plug-in installed.

Also, when browsing is enabled, it doesn't work with the 1-6 buttons, but cycles through play modes with the scan button.

I refer you to the phathack.com "sister" site, www.phatnoise.org, where (after registering) you can download the PDF document for Kenwood VIOT, which explains the modes and what buttons do what.

I also suggest you read through the "PhatBox Hacking" section on this site.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 12:29:48 am by markbowen »
Kenwood DNX7200/Kenwood KHD-C710 Keg/320GB DMS