Author Topic: DMS Tools 2.12  (Read 5230 times)

Offline illingworth22

• A few posts under my belt.
DMS Tools 2.12
« on: June 13, 2008, 02:28:04 pm »
Guys,

I purchased 2 250gig hard drives which arrived yesterday. I hacked the Phat and swapped out the original DMS hard drive with one of the new hard drives. Now here is where the problem started during the "Create New DMS" part of the process the power went and my computer re booted. I am now left with a partly formatted disc which
1) I can not re format (possibly as it is in the cradle and is acting as a mass storage device!
2) I can't get the DMS tools to recognise the disk.

Is there any way to re format the drive without putting it into the lap top and formating from the Dos prompt?

Offline sbingner

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
Re: DMS Tools 2.12
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 07:36:38 pm »
open disk management (computer management or start->run diskmgmt.mmc) and delete all the partitions from the drive... it should then show up again the same way it showed up as a blank drive.

I didn't realize the hack tools wouldn't show partially formatted, if that part of the assumption is incorrect there could be something else wrong here... but removing the partitions won't hurt.

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
Re: DMS Tools 2.12
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2008, 06:09:25 am »
There might be an issue if only one of the partitions is available, as it might be doing a check for either no partitiona, partitions without PHTSYS/PHTDTA label or 2 partitions correctly labelled.

I'll check that and put a fix in for the next version.  As sbingner says though, just delete the existing partitions and you should be good to go.

Start, Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Computer Management.
Select 'Disk Management'
Locate your DMS disk, (NOT DISK 0!) in the bottom right pane.
Right click on any/each of the rectangles next to your DMS disk and choose 'Delete Partition'

When you are done, close disk management and re-start the DMS tools.
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)