Author Topic: DMS Original Content  (Read 5185 times)

Offline capaull

DMS Original Content
« on: July 14, 2008, 12:08:58 am »
There are music files that came on the original DMS that I would like to copy to the new DMS. I'm not interested in the Audible sampler, but a couple of the original tunes would be nice to have. However, when I can't copy them off the DMS into the Music Manager library. I have a separate 2.5 inch case, and if I use that as a spare USB drive, the music manager won't recognize the file in the media explorer. Is there some way to save these? If not, I'll just write them off, but I'd sure like to salvage them if possible.

I tried to find another post on this topic but failed. If you've posted an answer to this before, chalk it up to a newbie error.

Many thanks!

Craig

Offline markbowen

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran.
Re: DMS Original Content
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 09:47:30 am »
You can easily copy the files from the DMS just by using Windows Explorer.  I don't remember the name of the folder in which those files are located, but they are on the phtdta partition.  Just open that partition in Explorer, find and copy the files you want, and paste them to wherever your music library is on your computer.  Then, you can add those files to your PMM library, and ultimately copy to your new DMS.
Kenwood DNX7200/Kenwood KHD-C710 Keg/320GB DMS

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 11:15:36 am »
The files will be located in a folder mirrroring the original source location.  So:

If PHTDTA = g:

Original Source: c:\documents and settings\your username\my music\somefile.mp3
DMS location: g:\documents and settings\your username\my music\somefile.mp3

Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline capaull

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 11:09:22 pm »
The original content files have a file suffix of .pna - while the Music Manager will play them from the DMS, it doesn't appear to recognize them from any other source. I tried copying them to a couple of different drives and folders, but the media explorer in Music Manager just shows an empty folder or other music files only if they are present.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Craig

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2008, 06:56:42 am »
.pna = PhatNoise Audio.... they come up with their own audio format at some point.

You should be able to right click on the PNA files and convert them to a different format from within PhatNoiseMM...which I suggest you do, as being their own format it didn't take off....so no other audio players know how to decode the files back to audio.
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)