Author Topic: Problem getting Kenwood Music Keg to recognize 60GB DMS  (Read 6476 times)

Offline Spider-Dan

• PhatHacker
Problem getting Kenwood Music Keg to recognize 60GB DMS
« on: August 19, 2008, 02:46:21 pm »
Hi.  I purchased a 60GB PhatNoise DMS a while ago (model # DMS-060GF).  Originally, I had problems getting my Phatnoise Music Manager to recognize it, but once I upgraded to PhatNoise Media Manager (v3.92, I believe), there were no more problems there.

However, my Music Keg (KHD-CX910) simply will not recognize the DMS.  I've tried copying all the files (including what seems to be the firmware) directly from my 10GB DMS, but to no avail.

What should I do?

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
Re: Problem getting Kenwood Music Keg to recognize 60GB DMS
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 03:02:37 pm »
Try using my DMS tools to do a DMS Repair (PHTSYS).

Before you do, check on PHTSYS of your original disk for the file 'CurrentSetup.xml' and find out what version of firmware you have on there and select the appropriate firmware in the dropdown of the tools.  Also make sure, if your box is unhacked, that you check the option 'Install non-hacked firmware'.
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline Spider-Dan

• PhatHacker
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 04:36:33 am »
Thanks, that did the trick.

Is there any potential downside to upgrading my firmware?  I currently have 12.05, but I think I've experienced the skipping problems that are referenced in firmware update 13.01.

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008, 07:03:04 am »
No idea, I started with 13.01 when I got my Keg and have not had any problems with it....
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)