Author Topic: Hacking - Struggling Please Help  (Read 5766 times)

Offline c00lh4nd

Hacking - Struggling Please Help
« on: August 31, 2008, 03:49:03 pm »
Further to my earlier post I managed to get the Hack Tools 2.12 to cleanly hack my DMS-020GF as well as repair my KHD010G DMS. Alas the KHD-C710 I have in my car will not work with either. I place the disk in the KHD and ensure the stereo is on. The Kenwood screen shows Error 21 for both drives and both drives seem to start-up in the KHD but just spin up and remain with the green light rapidly flashing for 1hr plus. All the time the stereo shows Error21. This occurs with both the hacked and "Repaired" by the hacktools DMS disks.

I have collected the log file from bootload.log (no other log files are created in either DMS). It looks like:

BOOT0-1: OK
BOOT0: Successful
BOOT9: Successful
BOOTB: Successful
BOOTF: Successful
BOOT*-X: Failed

Can someone please help me with this, I have spent all soddin weekend on this...  :'(

Thanks for your help/advice

C00lh4nd
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 04:25:12 pm by c00lh4nd »

Offline c00lh4nd

Re: Hacking - Struggling Please Help
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 12:24:25 pm »
Please can someone help?

I have hit a brick wall. The KHD was working fine until I used the DMS tools to repair (not that I am saying they are at fault) I think it has to do with the firmware update getting stuck in a loop. My system works ok, as I plugged my CD changer in, but I would like to get the KHD working again, even cracked so I can move away from my DMS (And perhaps sell them to someone who is in need)

Any help in fixing this would be greatly appreciated, I spend alot of time on the road for which I use online books in .aa format to pass the time away

Cheers

C00lh4nd

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 06:46:14 am »
Do you know what version of the firmware you had on the Keg to start with, before starting either the hack or repairs?

My suggestion would be to 'update firmware' to that version of the firmware, uncheck the option 'Reflash Box' and load a single playlist onto the Keg.

If things still aren't working, then drop the level 10 logging files onto the DMS (http://downloads.phathack.com/bushing/rc_pairs.zip) and we'll see if we can work out what the problem is.  Also, is there anything that you are not telling us, IE have you partitioned the disk yourself at any point?
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline c00lh4nd

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 02:52:30 pm »
Hi VortechS, thank you for the response. I will reflash the DMS, I think I was at v12.

I can, hand on heart, say there is nothing I am not saying, it would not help you to help me if there was. I am a well seasoned techy in the IT field and very well versed in the problems users cause themselves and support techies when they try to save face. Nope I am one of the "If I cock it up, shame on me" crowd.

I drop my results on here tonight, for any help you can give.

Many thanks

C00lh4nd

Offline sbingner

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2008, 03:06:16 am »
you need to corrupt your ramdisk.sig I expect -- that looks like the usual error from a partial hack with a valid ramdisk.sig