Author Topic: GM Mobile Media/VW 20G DMS/Vista  (Read 7886 times)

Offline sully00

GM Mobile Media/VW 20G DMS/Vista
« on: September 06, 2008, 05:17:24 am »
I have done a lot of reading and can't find much about my specific set up so I am going to try my own topic.

So I bought a '06 Chevy Uplander with this sweet but orphaned GM Mobile Media entertainment system and no DMS.  I tracked down a DMS on ebay from a VW so it has the 5.01 firmware.  I have installed the most recent version of PMM and it is running on Vista.  Tried to just plug the DMS into the computer and delete the old music files and add my own and throw it in the van, and got nothing.  First nothing then it seemed to start to work but the hard drive just was spinning no music.

My guess is the first thing I have to do is just leave the DMS hooked up in the Van and let them talk (stop me, laugh, and help at any point).  But I was also wondering if I shouldn't reset the drive as well, but don't want to do that until I know what program to do that with the PMM or the Hack software.

I am simply running the stock program at this point because I can and I haven't seen much about how to hack my specific box but it appears the one thing I do need to do that is a genuine Phatniose DMS so I am trying not to screw that up.

So just like most people that visit these two sites I am looking for step by step instructions.  At least what I should do first so I don't make it harder to do the rest.

Offline sbingner

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
Re: GM Mobile Media/VW 20G DMS/Vista
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 03:11:25 am »
You may need the GM firmware on the DMS... and I'm not sure where you'd get that.

You should probably try contacting the phatnoise support email and asking for it -- phatnoise@harman.com

Otherwise... if anybody reading has GM firmware (read: Valid GM DMS) -- let us know

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 06:29:02 am »
I'm getting the GM firmware sometime over the next day or so...and will add it to the firmware list.
There should be no need for an update to the DMS tools for this ;)
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline sully00

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 11:07:32 pm »
That would be great if and when this happens were would I find it?

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2008, 06:01:07 am »
You'll see it become available to the DMS tools once I've got it... I've been very busy over the last couple of weeks so haven't had much time to sorting it out.  Expect some movement sometime next week (hopefully!)
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)