Author Topic: Cable adapter problems for VW in-dash stock 6 CD changer  (Read 3568 times)

Offline lilysdad

Cable adapter problems for VW in-dash stock 6 CD changer
« on: October 24, 2008, 04:54:43 pm »
Hi, My first post on this great site which has already given me a wealth of info before I bought my first phatbox. It arrived today and after about twenty minutes of searching I have decided that my car doesn't seem  to have the right cable. Any help with this would be great.
I have a 2002 VW Passat with a stock 6 CD changer in the dash. When I removed this it's attached by a square blue ISO connector to the back of the stock head unit. The cable that came with the phatbox is rectangular. I'm guessing that this is the cable for a trunk mount which, it appears, my car doesn't have (why would it if the changer is up front?) at the back all I've got in the cubbies is a jack and a first aid kit. Any suggestions? I guess I will need an adaptor or custom cable right?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Elliot

Offline danix

• PhatHacker
Re: Cable adapter problems for VW in-dash stock 6 CD changer
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 04:04:42 pm »
If you have the cable, it should be in the first aid kit area.  It's possible you don't have it, if you already have the changer.
When you say in the dash, do you have a single DIN radio with a DIN changer below it?