Author Topic: Hacking in Vista  (Read 5293 times)

Offline giblets

Hacking in Vista
« on: August 09, 2008, 10:36:07 am »
Hi all, this is some fantastic stuff here, as my DMS is 97% full, have decided to take the plunge and hack away.
I have a couple of questions though!
I am running vista, so am guessing I will still have to use the Vista work around tools for DMS hack tools 2.12?

I also have a laptop running XP, can I hack my DMS on one PC, and then revert back to the Vista PC, or does that just overly complicated things (can I take the drive image accross etc?)
Cheers
Edward
Any spelling mistakes/ grammatical errors are there purely to annoy

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
Re: Hacking in Vista
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 06:19:36 am »
You can run the hack on XP, although the tools should work with Vista.  As you say you may need to run the DD backup manually or allow the tools to run with elevated privileges.
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline giblets

Re: Hacking in Vista
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 10:01:41 pm »
Just hacked my DMS in Vista, and as I started this post about vista, I know some more people may find it with a search. ICBJ. But to avoid the above mentioned problems, right click on "standaloneDMShackwizard" and select 'run as administrator!
Any spelling mistakes/ grammatical errors are there purely to annoy