Author Topic: Just bought a Phatbox for my Audi and have problems  (Read 4341 times)

Offline Problematic

Just bought a Phatbox for my Audi and have problems
« on: December 08, 2008, 04:50:07 am »
Hi members, I just bought a used phatbox for my audi that was taken from the local salvage yard (all it came with are the cable to the cd changer, the phatbox unit and DMS cartridge).  So far, I have downloaded the instruction manual and tried installing it today.  I followed the directions and have tried to update the firmare but it says the DMS is unitialized.  I tried to update the firmware per instructions on the manual, but I am unable to select which head unit the system is for, what is the problem?  Or did I just get ripped off?

Thanks in advance,
John

Offline markbowen

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran.
Re: Just bought a Phatbox for my Audi and have problems
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 05:54:24 pm »
Your Audi came from the salvage yard, or the Phatbox...?

Anyway, because Phatnoise is now defunct, you can't use the PMM software to load firmware and initialize your DMS.  To get your system working (hopefully), you should download VortechS' Phathack DMS Tools (see this thread:  http://forum.phathack.com/index.php/topic,1641.0.html) and run a "repair DMS" procedure on your DMS.  You'll want to load the non-hacked firmware to start, and you may want to check the option to flash your box with the latest firmware.  (To update the firmware on your box, follow the instructions in the manual.)  If you run into problems you can probably find answers to your questions by searching this site.  Otherwise, post again.
Kenwood DNX7200/Kenwood KHD-C710 Keg/320GB DMS

Offline Problematic

Re: Just bought a Phatbox for my Audi and have problems
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 04:29:31 am »
The Phatbox came from the salvage yard.

I have followed your advice and got it setup, however, once the music starts playing, it stops working.

I will search the site and keep this thread updated.

Thanks for the help.