Author Topic: Working on PhatHack DMS Tools v3  (Read 6003 times)

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
Working on PhatHack DMS Tools v3
« on: January 08, 2009, 09:24:39 am »
Just a quick note to say that I am now working on an all new PhatHack DMS Tools v3.

There are a few issues that are starting to surface with 2 that warrant fixes to be made, but changes made to PhatHack Media Manager means that the DMS tools are now in effect 'broken'.

(Insert appropriate flaming from sbingner here)

This means that the tools will now have to make use of SQLite 3, and therefore build a PhatHackMM database which is not necessarily a bad thing if you ever have intentions of using PhatHack MM.  The process of converting the tools to use the new database and import the contents from the DMS cartridge is no small feat however and I'm expecting this to take several days.  All the code is there between the two projects, it's just a massive cut, copy and paste job and fix all the bugs that this causes. 
(Okay, and there'll be a lot of re-factoring to make it all work... but meh)

Those that have reported bugs recently, should look out for this new version when I get round to a general beta release as I'll throw a bit more tracking in/fix bugs where appropriate in this new version.

If there's anything you feel the DMS tools should do, let me know... I can look at adding features while I'm doing all this work.
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)