Author Topic: Updating Firmware on a hacked Phatbox?  (Read 5140 times)

Offline Pson2

Updating Firmware on a hacked Phatbox?
« on: January 27, 2009, 04:24:33 pm »
Just what the title states above.  I installed a Kenwood HU lastnight, then placed the DMS into the cradle.  Ran the DMS tools program and installed Kenwood Verison 13.01 Firmware (was VW firmware).  Plugged in the DMS to the phatbox and the HU doesn't see the Phatbox.  There is also no lights on the Phatbox either.  Its plugged correctly in the back of the HU using the Kenwood cable.  The old owner used it fine with his Phatbox that wasn't hacked.  Could the hack be my issue?  Should I reinstall the DMS to factory settings and then try to hack again.  What do you guys think my issue could be?

Offline Pson2

Re: Updating Firmware on a hacked Phatbox?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 01:14:48 pm »
OK,  Seems I fixed the problem, but I am not 100% how.  I did a reflash of the firmware (non-hacked) per reading another post. But nothing happened at all...then pulled the wire off the box and bam....it started getting power.  It took three power ups for the headuint to play the Phatbox....It could read it, but not play it.  Now everything seem to be working fine.

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
Re: Updating Firmware on a hacked Phatbox?
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 08:47:45 am »
Yup, that's about right for the Kenwood Keg and no-one ever believes me which is why the documentation does explicitly mention it in quite explicit detail ;)
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)