Author Topic: How to Test if an Audi PB Works  (Read 3777 times)

Offline hildeand

• A few posts under my belt.
How to Test if an Audi PB Works
« on: February 16, 2009, 12:27:15 pm »
Hope someone can give a "safe" answer to this:

I have a keg in my Jaguar and an Audi PB in my Audi TT. Since I am considering replacing the Jaguar with an Audi A4 in a couple years time, I am thinking about buying a friend's Audi PB which he has taken out of an Audi he just sold.

However, just before selling the car, the box wouldn't play, and he thinks the problem was the mode button on the HU. I suspect it might be the box itself, and want to test it.

In my Audi, it will take hours of work to disassemble the side panels to get to the cable to unscrew it from the box and hook up my friend's box.

In the Jaguar, everything is readily available. My question is; can I safely load the DMS with keg firmware, hook up the Audi box to test it, and revert back to Audi firmware for future installation in an Audi?

Thanks,
Hilde

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
Re: How to Test if an Audi PB Works
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 01:28:19 pm »
Assuming you have a working DMS, then yes load it up with the firmware as installed on the car you are testing with (removing the existing working box).  If you are using my DMS tools make sure the option 'Reflash box' is checked.  This will flash your friends box with the firmware and you can replace the existing working box (that you have easy access to) with your friends box and check things are working okay.
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline hildeand

• A few posts under my belt.
Re: How to Test if an Audi PB Works
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 06:50:30 am »
Thanks a lot! This sounds promising, this way I'll avoid buying a dead box, or hopefully buy a working one.