Author Topic: CX910 and audi  (Read 5337 times)

Offline fraanz

CX910 and audi
« on: February 24, 2009, 04:17:37 pm »
Hey guys,
i recently acquired a music keg model khd-011p and set about trying to download the tools and update firmware for it to work with my audi's radio. So far i have been unsuccessful in getting the audi to recognize the unit. Even more troubling is i don't think it accepts the firmware upgrade from the dms to the keg device.

I have a few log files but i'm not really sure which are more pertinent to be posting. I would appreciate any guidance.
To date i've tried the following.
1) firmware upgrade to 7.0/2 (which ever is latest and greatest) DMS successful, keg unsuccessful.
2) firmware upgrade to 6.0 DMS successful, keg unsuccessful
3) Repair DMS full
4) firmware upgrade to 2.0 DMS successful, keg unsuccessful

On the 2.0 firmware the keg seems to cycle through the process and then start over. ( i kept walking out to the garage and i'd catch it on the 4 slow green light flashes then looping back into the repetitive fast flashing indicating an upgrade.)

Thanks in advance. If there is more information i can supply i'd be more than happy to do so if possible. I couldn't find anything for this particular model of keg on the site (spent some time searching). Thanks to whoever made the hack tools, they work great.

Craig

edited the title as i was putting the part number in the title...drr
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 01:21:24 am by fraanz »

Offline fraanz

Re: KHD-011P and audi
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 10:57:29 pm »
Found this digging through my logs. for all three versions of firmware i tried to upload.

COPYING: C:\Program Files\PhatHack\PhatHack DMS Tools\Downloads\Audi Native\Temp\phatd To: F:\phatd
Failed.

Offline fraanz

Re: KHD-011P and audi
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 07:30:43 pm »
talking to myself it looks like...

manually copied that file over from the firmware patches...tried to plug it in, green x 3 .....green continuous..for 60+min..

was reading the forums more today, going to try to create/look at the boot.log

feel like drop kicking it.

i previously had a true phatbox for vw that worked flawlessly.this music keg is driving me nuts though.

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
Re: CX910 and audi
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2009, 03:25:24 pm »
Sorry, I've not been very active lately.  I'll pick this up on Monday, just dropped by.
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
Re: CX910 and audi
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2009, 08:32:04 am »
Okay, first up... there should be no problem with the 7.02 firmware files.
Secondly make sure the power cable is tightly and securely fitted on the DMS cradle.
Thirdly the DMS, is it an original - or could it have a non-phatnoise disk in it?

Right, let's assume it's an original disk and move on.  Can you clear your 'My Documents\PhatHack Media Manager\Logs directory' so we have a nice clean base to work from?

Let's assume the box is unhacked, fire up the DMS tools.

Click on 'DMS Tools Mode'
Select 'Audi 7.02' as the firmware
Ensure the option 'Install non-hacked firmware' is checked
Ensure the option 'Reflash box with firmware' is checked

Click 'Repair DMS (FULL)'

Once this is complete, check the log directory and open up the file showing the repair procedure.  Please post the contents so I can take a look and make sure everything has worked as it was meant to have.  Once you've done this, load up a single playlist onto the DMS in your software of choice and then fire the DMS in the box.  Let it load up and let it run for 20 minutes or so.

How do things go?
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)