Author Topic: How I do activate "phathack welcome" message?  (Read 5271 times)

Offline phenril

How I do activate "phathack welcome" message?
« on: March 29, 2009, 11:08:26 am »
Hi:

After hacking my pathbox with the original DMS, i used to listen the phathack welcome message. After doing a full repair DMS, i have lost the message, and i canīt activate.

How can i do this?

Thanks,

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
Re: How I do activate "phathack welcome" message?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 06:44:57 am »
Assuming the file was played on every boot, and you used a version prior to 0.12 of the tools - then I am guessing you are talking about the PhatHack startup sound as opposed to 'message'?

Anyway, assuming it is the above then:

1) Open up PHTSYS/Profiles/Profiles.ini
2) Under the section [Default] you should find 'startup_sound='.  Modify this line to read 'startup_sound=/dos/PhatHack.mp3'
3) Save the file

...and you should have that lovely booming startup sound back! :D
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline phenril

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 10:04:57 am »
Hi:

Itīs rare but i havenīt any folder called Profile.
Iīm using DMS Tools. V.2.12.

Maybe i havenīt done well the creation of the DMS.

Thanks.

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 10:45:54 am »
Sorry... early morning typo:

1) Open up PHTDTA/Profiles/Profiles.ini
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline phenril

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 10:49:35 am »
Hi:

I have looked for in PHTDTA and in PHTSYS and there wasnīt any folder. I have deleted manually the partition and created the DMS again and now i can see the folder. Maybe it has been an error. The fact is that if i delete the folder, it can be restored creating a profile using Phatnoise music manager.

Thanks for the help.

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2009, 11:02:22 am »
v2.12 of the tools should have created that folder/file - unless you had some kind of error during the DMS creation.

If it happens again should you need to create a new DMS, please take a look at the log file in My Documents\PhatHack Media Manager\Logs and see what's caused it so I can bullet-proof it for the future.

Thanks.

Offline phenril

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2009, 03:25:54 pm »
Hi:

Iīm using you program but runing it with darwine, as i use Macosx. I think that the problem was on the way this program emulates libraries and how it creates partitions or folder. Unfortunately, i have no log to send you. The secong time, i have used windows to create the DMS and the process succeded without errors.
Thanks for you work, itīs great!.

Bye!.