Author Topic: Patch is not working  (Read 15825 times)

Offline slowwagon

• A few posts under my belt.
Patch is not working
« on: June 24, 2009, 07:47:49 pm »
Hello,

I have tried to hack my Kenwood Music Keg following all of the instructions in the PhatHack DMS Tools user manual and some of the other tricks mentioned by others in the forum.  I get to Stage 7 and get the message that the Patch was not applied or failed to start, there is no patchverify.log

My firmware version is 13.1 and I am using PhatHack DMS Tools v2.12.  I have reset the DMS several times and rerun the hack wizard.  I have unplugged the cable to the Music Keg for upto 2 hours.  I believe I have done everything suggested and am considering sacrificing a small animal to see if that helps!

Bottom line is when I turn the key on and the headunit to the Music Keg, it starts playing the first song in my playlist.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Sean

Offline sbingner

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
Re: Patch is not working
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 10:31:37 pm »
I suspect your box is already patched, assuming the data was put onto the DMS properly.  There are no logs at all on the DMS?

Offline slowwagon

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 11:31:59 pm »
The only log files I could find on the DMS are the change.log files.  I am expecting a new HDD tomorrow so I will try it out after I run the Create New DMS wizard.

I was expecting the announcement that it had been hacked, but hopefully it patched in spite of not hearing that.  I will update.

Thanks.

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2009, 07:48:04 am »
sbingner: the problem of no patch files seems to be very common, I know not why.....

slowwagon: when you first applied the hack, and put the DMS in the PhatBox did you get a voice announcement telling you the hack was about to run?
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline slowwagon

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2009, 01:09:46 pm »
I did not hear an announcement that it was about to run.  I tried to run it so many times I can't remember if the Keg was not available as a source on my headunit the first time or not.  Many times I simply could not select the Keg until I had turned the ignition key off and then back on.

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2009, 01:16:10 pm »
Did you try to combine a firmware update with the hack by any chance?
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline slowwagon

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2009, 03:43:52 pm »
No, I've had that firmware for at least a couple of years.

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2009, 07:26:54 pm »
If the DMS is currently working, can you clear your local My documents\Phathack Media Manager\Logs directory and re-run the hack.

Once the hack is run, can you post a copy of any of the log files which might give an indication if there is some kind of failure applying files to the DMS which could really be the only cause of there not being a hack running in the first place.

Offline slowwagon

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2009, 03:07:44 am »
I have attached my log files.

I created a new DMS, but when I tried to sync 3 playlists I got an "Activation Error! -44002" message which also said "Device could not be authorized for Audible content.  Audible file transfer cancelled." and PMM (v3.76) then locks up.  I deleted the Audible playlist, but it did the same thing.

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2009, 05:30:31 am »
Well according to the hack log the patch applied fine, but you had no files on PHTSYS which is a bit concerning.
You have two drives I and J, I being PHTSYS and J being PHTDTA... is that correct?

Otherwise I see nothing wrong, except you posted more log files than I was expecting if you followed my instructions....?

Offline slowwagon

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2009, 04:04:20 pm »
You have two drives I and J, I being PHTSYS and J being PHTDTA... is that correct?

That is correct.

Otherwise I see nothing wrong, except you posted more log files than I was expecting if you followed my instructions....?

Not sure why you made an issue of this as you are obviously able to choose what you want to download.

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2009, 08:05:46 am »
Sorry, I'm not trying to make an 'issue' out of anything, but wanted a clean set of logs.  The presence of logs for the create new DMS process, suggests you've done a lot of things, not necessarily with this DMS, but I need to ensure that steps are followed with nothing in between to ensure things don't get mixed up and I have the correct information based on what was asked.

Assuming that this isn't an issue, then when you insert the DMS into the PhatBox and switch to the first track on the first playlist... what do you get?

Offline slowwagon

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2009, 12:54:46 pm »
Sorry, I'm not trying to make an 'issue' out of anything, but wanted a clean set of logs.  The presence of logs for the create new DMS process, suggests you've done a lot of things, not necessarily with this DMS, but I need to ensure that steps are followed with nothing in between to ensure things don't get mixed up and I have the correct information based on what was asked.

I did state in one of my earlier posts that I did create another DMS and that I received an error regarding Audible.  I thought you might be able to address that as well.  The reason why I did that was sbinger had suggested that it might already be hacked and I wanted to see if a new DMS would work, but I never got that far.

Assuming that this isn't an issue, then when you insert the DMS into the PhatBox and switch to the first track on the first playlist... what do you get?

AC/DC - Highway to Hell which is the first track of my first playlist.  For what it's worth, my system has always defaulted to the first track of the first playlist whenever the DMS has been removed and then reinserted.  Just to be sure, I went out to my truck and manually selected the first playlist and the first track and got the same result.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 12:56:52 pm by slowwagon »

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2009, 08:13:37 pm »
And you have done nothing in between loading the hack and putting the DMS in the car?  Sure is a puzzler, because everything in the logs suggests success for the application of the patch....

I'm wondering if there's an old version of the tools we can revert to - to see if we can get that working.
Let me do some digging....

Offline slowwagon

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2009, 01:16:56 am »
Thanks VorTechS.

If I did anything I wasn't supposed to I'm not aware of it.  I won't be able to do any testing until next Friday...it seems my cradle has died and I won't have another one until then.

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2009, 09:57:12 am »
Cradle death?  Could be something in that, perhaps although files were being copied over they were not complete!
It would certainly be worth seeing what happens with the new cradle re-running the patch wizard....

Offline slowwagon

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2009, 09:41:00 pm »
OK, I finally got my replacement cradle today and ran the Hack Wizard using a different computer just to try something different.  I got the same results and I am starting to dislike the song Highway to Hell :(

I have never run the repair utility...do you think that's worth a try?  Also, I've attached the hack log file.

Offline sbingner

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2009, 01:15:24 am »
I have attached my log files.

I created a new DMS, but when I tried to sync 3 playlists I got an "Activation Error! -44002" message which also said "Device could not be authorized for Audible content.  Audible file transfer cancelled." and PMM (v3.76) then locks up.  I deleted the Audible playlist, but it did the same thing.

Try just copying over a couple mp3s instead of doing a full sync?

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2009, 07:17:43 am »
Again, there's no issue in the log suggesting there's a problem with the DMS, or the application of the hack to the DMS. 
All the files are applied and it's loaded and ready to go.

I don't get why it's not applying, if after applying the hack you are putting the DMS straight in the box?

Offline slowwagon

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2009, 09:47:21 pm »
Success!!!

It appears that my original DMS has been corrupted.  After playing the PhatHack/Phatnoise version of Bill Murray in Groundhog Day, I finally used the DMS that I recently purchased.  My original DMS will play the existing playlists that are on it, but I can no longer make any changes to it.  It is amazing how much time I wasted trying use it for the hack and trying to add/delete files on it.  No matter what I did (delete files with PMM and Windows Explorer or use PMM's Delete All repair option), once I saved and ejected and then reinserted the DMS back into the cradle, ALL of the original files were back and PMM displayed 491.2 MB free on the DMS.  Unbelievable!!!  If anyone has any ideas on how this might be repaired, let me know, although I guess it really doesn't matter anymore since I now have two hacked Music Kegs.

VorTechS, thanks for your help and the hack wizard.  Please post the link for donations and I will happily contribute.