Author Topic: Podcasts on Phatbox?  (Read 6923 times)

Offline Pinky

• A few posts under my belt.
Podcasts on Phatbox?
« on: July 26, 2005, 04:37:23 am »
I was going to search the PhatNoise forums tonight, but they're gone!  So I stumbled on this site and read about the demise of the official forums.  That sucks, as 3 years of good info is taken off the Internet.

Anyway.  Has anyone used their Phatbox for listening to Podcasts?  I'd like for my PC to be downloading Podcasts every day, and have it automatically sync up when I connect my DMS to the PC.  Any ideas?

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
Re: Podcasts on Phatbox?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2005, 04:43:32 am »
Interesting idea.  we can look into it.  depends on what format we can store the podcast in mostly I think.  The apple m4p format is DRM protected but the m4a / aac format is not and the phatbox can play those files I am pretty sure.  but you need the aac decoder plug in.

Offline Pinky

• A few posts under my belt.
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2005, 04:12:50 pm »
Well, most Podcasts out there are being served up as MP3 files.  I'm talking about the Internet-accessible Podcasts rather than any being served up by iTunes.

I've been searching around and there are some apps you can use on your PC to automatically grab the MP3 content of the Podcasts.  But once they're downloaded as MP3s on my system, is there any way to have them automatically sync'd into PMM & then to my DMS when I connect?

Offline flatlandskibum

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2005, 09:02:14 pm »
If you tell PMM to fire whenever the DMS is inserted and if you have PMM scan your directories for new music when it's started and if you have your podcast target directories in PMM as directories to include, then yes, it will work.

Offline ericthebikeman

• Bork, Bork, Bork
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2005, 01:21:47 am »
If you tell PMM to fire whenever the DMS is inserted and if you have PMM scan your directories for new music when it's started and if you have your podcast target directories in PMM as directories to include, then yes, it will work.

This is exactly what I was doing, just point the software to where they are stored. I setup rules on the Podcast playlist so it will update the rest on its own.