Author Topic: Phatnoise box problem with my concert2 headunit  (Read 6097 times)

Offline biker-fil

Phatnoise box problem with my concert2 headunit
« on: October 12, 2009, 04:01:22 pm »
Hello everyone, please bear with me as I am new to this site. I have a phatnoise box connected to my concert2 headunit in an Audi a3. It was working fine until I had to take it out of the boot for a period of time. When I came to connect it back again, the headunit couldnt find it. I connect the DMS cartridge to my computer and the software doesnt even find the list of Audi headunits so I can reprogram it. I gave the car to Audi dealer in Bolton only to find out they know nothing about phatnoise?? Please give any advise possible as I am losing the will to live with this thing at the moment and am close to swopping the stereo to an MP3 player. I live close to Manchester/Bolton so if anyone is close by and can help, please let me know. many thanks. Phil

Offline markbowen

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran.
Re: Phatnoise box problem with my concert2 headunit
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 10:29:03 pm »
Download the Phathack tools (http://forum.phathack.com/index.php/topic,1641.0.html) and use the software to repair the DMS.  Start by just trying to repair the phtsys partition, if that doesn't work do a full repair.

The program is fairly self-explanatory, but if you read the documentation, you should have no problem.
Kenwood DNX7200/Kenwood KHD-C710 Keg/320GB DMS

Offline biker-fil

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009, 10:37:29 pm »
Thanks for the reply, can I ask, if I do a repair on the DMS, will it erase all the music on the cartridge?

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009, 08:03:23 am »
If you do a Repair (PHTSYS), the music will remain untouched.  If you do a Repair (FULL), you will lose everything.
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)