Author Topic: Weird/Strange problem?  (Read 4611 times)

Offline todd1010

• Veteran.
  • 2005 Audi S4
Weird/Strange problem?
« on: July 31, 2005, 04:40:34 pm »
I believe this doesn't have in anyway anything to do with me switching the hard drives in my DMS. I've had the weirdest thing has been happening to me when I have the DMS in the cradle.

All of the sudden I'll either have the ENTIRE music folder that contains ALL of my music on the DMS in the Recycle Bin. I've also had my ENTIRE "TTS" folder from my PHTDTA in there as well.

I didn't do anything like right-click and DELETE, why would I do that unless it was intentional but I know not to delete those folders.  I know that they can be redone, but why are they ending up in there?

I just now noticed that my entire TTS folder from my PHTDTA was in there, and while my DMS was still in the cradle I looked in the PHTDTA partition and I had the same folder as did the Recycle Bin.   I took the DMS out to the car and now it won't work. So now I've gotta reload the HU firmware and delete the forceupdate & forcesettings. Ths just happened to me the other day. So I know I have to update the firmware. Its happened before in the past, not just this time. Like I said its done it to my entire MP3 data on the DMS also.

What in the world could be doing this? Is there something in PMM that updates those files automatically, I don't know just a guess?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2005, 05:49:20 pm by mts »
todd1010 AT gmail DOT com