Author Topic: Hacked or not  (Read 6838 times)

Offline Death_Box

Hacked or not
« on: January 19, 2010, 11:46:21 am »
hi, I have a simple question, how knowing if my phatbox is hacked or not

. Thanks

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
Re: Hacked or not
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 12:26:02 pm »
You'll hear an Mp3 play, a female voice stating 'Your phatbox is now unlocked'
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline Death_Box

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 05:59:44 pm »
thanks, but it's a "new" phatbox (second hand) I don't know if the predecessor had hacked or not. I can't join him. Sorry for my English...

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 07:10:04 am »
There are two ways to tell if the box is hacked in this case:

1. Apply the hack using the DMS tools, put the DMS in the box, let it run - if you don't hear the announcement and your music starts playing, bring the DMS back to the cradle and have a look for a logs directory.  In their should be a file specifying if the hack has ever been run.

2. Put your own disk in the DMS cartridge - use the DMS tools to load up the appropriate firmware and see if it works!
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline Death_Box

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2010, 07:55:01 pm »
OK, I'll try later. It's too late now  ;)

Offline Death_Box

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2010, 12:13:56 pm »
Hi, it's me again, now nothing works. No Cd in my car when i put the cartridge in the box. But I'm just going with the Phathack DMS tools to repair DMS (Full) . I'm very lost (may be a looser). I don't know yet if the phatbox is hacked or not. Anyway I continued... Thanks for your help. I'll post later the next step.

Offline Death_Box

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2010, 04:57:25 pm »
I think my hard drive[ original DMS] is a little bit dead, but after used the soft Phathack --> run Hack Wizard step 1 to step 6 OK. After I put the DMS into my box I heard all messages except the famous Now your phatbox is patched...
I replace the DMS into the cradle for the next steps 6 to 8 and in the "dialogue box " was write the phatbox is already patched. I think is good for me the patch is applied by the old seller.
Now I want to have a bigger disk , I'm going to try with the Phathack to create a new DMS. May I ?
I await your advice, please.
Thank you.

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2010, 07:15:36 am »
Absolutely!  It seems your box was patched already, so go ahead and Create New DMS.

Offline Death_Box

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2010, 12:17:23 pm »
Hi, I would like to thankful VorTechS for the wonderful software and advice, now I have 80 go of music, it's too much...but I'm so glad, thanks a lot (again).  ;D

new hard drive : Samsung SpinPoint M5 - 160 Go 2"1/2 5400 RPM 8 Mo IDE.
Bonne continuation à tous.

I think you can close this topic. It's good for me.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 11:01:44 am by Death_Box »