The Hacking Hoedown > PhatBox Hacking

PhatHack DMS Tools v2.13 - 17th March 2010

<< < (4/4)

snoutmeat:

--- Quote from: snoutmeat on March 30, 2010, 06:00:35 am ---Howdy-

Trying the tools to hack my Phatbox. The software completed step 4 (backing up the DMS) and hangs on Step 5 ("Applying Patch Files") with the error:

"Unable to load DLL 'PhatSig.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E).

Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong? Everything seems fine up to this step. I'm running on XP. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling PhatHack DMS Tools on my computer just in case something was strange with the installation, but no apparent change.

I see from a forum search for "phatsig.dll" that this came up once before when the PhatSig.dll file was apparently left out of an update, but nobody else has been mentioning problems, so maybe it's me? It looks like 2.12 should work just as well for my needs, so I'll try installing that version and see if I have more luck.

--- End quote ---

It was actually a bug, and has been addressed and I believe confirmed as fixed - so I'll be putting an update on the site shortly.
However I've also noticed a few other things wrong with v2.13 around playslist and sig generation, that might cause a few minor headaches, so this will be followed in the next day or so by v2.14 (with a handy new feature for just fixing the PHTDTA partition)...

I'm glad you are back up and running again however!
I had success patching the Phatbox with version 2.12, but then, after installing my new 320GB hard drive into the DMS, I had problems with no firmware choices visible in the dropdown box. I searched the forums, and found that someone else had encountered the problem because he had not extracted the zipped files before installing -- just double-clicked on the install file from within the zipped folder. I was guilty of doing the same thing -- I uninstalled v2.12, then extracted the zip file, and then reinstalled 2.12, and everything worked perfectly. I'm suspicious that I had errors with v2.13 because I was doing the same thing (running the software from within the zipped folder rather than extracting all files, and then running the install program). So there may be nothing wrong with v2.13 at all -- it was probably just user error. It's just good practice to extract all files before running the install program -- I shouldn't have been so lazy. :)

Now I'm having fun putting 100 GB of music on my drive to see how it works. Thank you VorTechS for creating the tool and breathing new life into this orphaned audio system that (if history had been more fair) should have ended up in far more  people's trunks.

VorTechS:

--- Quote from: snoutmeat on March 30, 2010, 06:00:35 am ---Howdy-

Trying the tools to hack my Phatbox. The software completed step 4 (backing up the DMS) and hangs on Step 5 ("Applying Patch Files") with the error:

"Unable to load DLL 'PhatSig.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E).

Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong? Everything seems fine up to this step. I'm running on XP. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling PhatHack DMS Tools on my computer just in case something was strange with the installation, but no apparent change.

I see from a forum search for "phatsig.dll" that this came up once before when the PhatSig.dll file was apparently left out of an update, but nobody else has been mentioning problems, so maybe it's me? It looks like 2.12 should work just as well for my needs, so I'll try installing that version and see if I have more luck.

--- End quote ---

It was actually a bug, and has been addressed and I believe confirmed as fixed - so I'll be putting an update on the site shortly.
However I've also noticed a few other things wrong with v2.13 around the creation of a playlist containing the PhatHack signature tune and it's sig generation, that might cause a few minor headaches, so this will be followed in the next day or so by v2.14 (with a handy new feature for just fixing the PHTDTA partition)...

I'm glad you are back up and running again however!

VorTechS:
I've now released the updated version of the tools, which resolves the problems reported.

The installer now creates TWO shortcuts to the application, if you are on Vista or Windows 7 you will need to use the shortcut ending with (Elevated Rights).  On Windows XP, use the 'normal' shortcut.

gsedun:
Hi VorTechS - I"m a happy user of the Phatbox in my 2005 Audi A4 for 5 years now but I'm getting a little paranoid about the DMS failing.  Is DMS Tools the way to replace the hardrive in the DMS with a newer one.  If so - what kind of hard drive do I need to get?

Thanks,

Garry

S80_UK:
Garry,

I realise that you are a newb on this forum, but please, Search, Read, Understand.  It's all here already (and all asked and answered very many times). 

(And yes, the tools will allow your Phatbox to work with a non-original upgraded DMS cartridge, but you need the original DMS to make the change first)

Cheers,

Les.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version