Author Topic: SSA/Viot issue with converted PB to keg using Kenwood Firmware 13.01  (Read 9028 times)

Offline jemmyboy

Hi,

I managed to purchase a cable to convert an Audi phatbox to play on a kenwood HU (KDC-W7031) and have updated the firmware to kenwood 13.01 and am using Scansoft Jennifer full 22KHZ for voice prompts. I am also using Phatnoise Media Manager 3.92 (No Activation required).

Issue 1 - I am not getting any static voice prompts, ie, the current playlist is...., I am getting the Jennifer voice prompts naming each playlist as I flick through and I can see all the static prompts in PHTSYS/tts as MP3 types and the artist as S. Crosby. Can I get this changed to Jennifer and enable static prompts to work?

Issue 2 - I cannot select album, artist, title, etc using the scan button on the HU. The scan button just switches from scan on to scan off. 
After reading through a lot of threads I gather that this is a problem when converting a phatbox to kenwood firmware and that changes with the following http://wiki.phathack.com/VIOT is needed?. However, I have downloaded DMS tools 2.12 (2.13 would not recognise my DMS) and installed the SSA/VIOT Plugin where I can see the SSA files in PHTSYS/PLUGINS/Kenwood SSA, but no reference to VIOT?. I can also see the Aadec files have been changed (date modified). So am I right in assuming that the DMS tool has made the necessary changes to the DMS so I do not need to make changes as suggested by http://wiki.phathack.com/VIOT or do I need to still do this?

BTW I use Phatvoice to generate and replace files after installing the plugin.

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks
Jem

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
Re: SSA/Viot issue with converted PB to keg using Kenwood Firmware 13.01
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 07:34:04 am »
The Kenwood SSA plugin IS the VIOT plugin, and interestingly in the last few PhatHack Media Manager updates my colleague has had the same problem with the SSA announcements not firing when they used to.

We'll be investigating this over the next few weeks to see what's up.
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline jemmyboy

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 10:51:39 am »
Hi VorTechS....thanks for the swift response.

Do you think this is causing both issues?, and also DMS Tools 2.13 won't recognise my DMS, so I have to uninstall and run 2.12.

Thanks for the help.
Jem

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 07:17:14 am »
I really don't have any idea at the moment where the issue lies - it may have something to do with the plugin install - although we have no issues using the scan button.
I've hopefully resolved the 2.13 issues, but am about to add a new function to them for the purpose of getting the rc pairs installed and the resulting logs.
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2010, 09:08:53 am »
Right, having dropped the RC pairs onto the DMS - we've determined that the SSA files are incorrectly formed....which is a bug in PhatHack Media Manager v0.10.

Our issue is because v0.10 switches the TTS generation to managed methods (a newer TTS engine) whilst still using the configuration from the previous SAPI engine.  This configuration involves 'decoding' the selected format from the options screen, taking the frequency (44khz) and multiplying it by 1 thousand to correctly pass the relevant value to the TTS engine. 

The problem with that, is that the 44000khz is not the same as 44100khz and so the box can't announce the files.

jemmyboy: I've updated v2.13 of the DMS tools... please download it and run it.  If you don't get any errors on startup, 'Install Verbose Logging' from the new 'RC Logs' option... pop the DMS in the car and try it out in playlist mode and switch around the playlists giving the box enough time to start playing tracks for a few seconds.  Once that's done return the DMS to the cradle and then send me your 'PHTSYS\logfile.txt' and I'll see if I can work out what's wrong.

Offline jemmyboy

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2010, 03:41:32 pm »
Hi,

Logfile just sent via e-mail  :)

Thanks
Jem

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2010, 03:54:37 pm »
Did you have any issues running v2.13 of the tools?

Offline jemmyboy

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2010, 10:21:06 am »
Did you have any issues running v2.13 of the tools?

No, not after I unchecked the 'protect my computer and date from unauthorised programs' on startup.

Cheers
Jem