Author Topic: New DMS not recognized by Media Manager or Hac Tools  (Read 8004 times)

Offline jesus marion joseph

• A few posts under my belt.
New DMS not recognized by Media Manager or Hac Tools
« on: September 23, 2010, 01:57:45 am »
I created my new 320G DMS, but now when I put it in the cradle I get the "autoplay" window, then Media Manager (3.92) opens up, then I get an error message: "Seek failed on G:\Profiles\Default\PO.pht".  G is the PHTDTA partition.  I can "see" both partitions of the DMS in "my computer", and it shows up in the media manager left window, but I cannot sync to it (nothing happens when I click on "sync", in other words).  Also, both the red and green lights stay on on the cradle.  I attempted to reformat it with disk management, but it doesn't show up there either.  I run Win XP.  I tried to do a repair disk in Hack Tools, but it doesn't show up in the pull down menu.

Any ideas?

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
Re: New DMS not recognized by Media Manager or Hac Tools
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 07:15:45 am »
[quote = jesus marion joseph]
G:\Profiles\Default\PO.pht
[/quote]

I honestly have no idea what that file is, I've never seen a .pht file before!
As far as windows is concerned, do you have the drives labelled PHTSYS and PHTDTA under windows explorer?

As I have no idea how PhatNoise MM works, you might also consider using my replacement PhatHack Media Manager.  If there are any problems with that I can certainly help!  I'm currently running a Beta in order to stabilize the application and submit it to GraceNote....
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 10:11:13 am »
Yes, PHTYS and PHTDTA show as drives F and G in explorer.

I'll try downloading phathack MM and report back.

Thanks.

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 10:31:44 am »
Before you download, apply for the beta and get the latest version as it is much more stable than the Alpha version!
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2010, 09:56:17 pm »
So I've downloaded phathack MM and transferred about 10G of music to the new DMS, but I cannot eject the DMS.  When I right click on the DMS in MM, the option of "save and eject" is grayed out.  When I select "eject", a warning window pops up and says it cannot stop the drive. 

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2010, 07:26:38 am »
Okay, move this to the PhatHackMM beta forums section please ;)

I think someone else has reported that the 'Save/Eject' option has been greyed out.  Please tell me the steps you took to get the media transferred to the DMS so that I can take a look as to why this is.  One short, quick way of forcing the issue would be to create a new playlist on the DMS and then delete it straight away.  All of your changes on the DMS are saved, even if you close the application down and start it again, so just getting the option enabled, and using it will update your DMS correctly.

The reason Windows says the cartridge can't be ejected, is mostly likely because the application is still running and holding a lock on the database file.
If you've close the application, make sure no instances of Windows explorer are open because this too holds open the drives so that they can't be ejected.