Author Topic: Print DMS database to a file?  (Read 6004 times)

Offline todd1010

• Veteran.
  • 2005 Audi S4
Print DMS database to a file?
« on: August 24, 2005, 05:38:46 am »
When you have your DMS in the cradle and go into Options, you have a option to print database. I want to print the database, but I don't want to actually print it out on my printer. I would rather print to a file and take it to Kinkos and let them do it. I mean with 60gb of music it would take all of your ink and paper.

Even better, if one of you programmers would make a program to print the database. Maybe you could add in the option to use special text for just the Playlist names. Maybe you could have it leave out certain criteria that the user chooses?

Hey what do you say, or/and maybe it could be integrated into Phat4X?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2005, 01:54:20 pm by mts »
todd1010 AT gmail DOT com

Offline gtibug

Re: Print DMS database to a file?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2005, 02:21:27 pm »
When you have your DMS in the cradle and go into Options, you have a option to print database. I want to print the database, but I don't want to actually print it out on my printer. I would rather print to a file and take it to Kinkos and let them do it. I mean with 60gb of music it would take all of your ink and paper.

Even better, if one of you programmers would make a program to print the database. Maybe you could add in the option to use special text for just the Playlist names. Maybe you could have it leave out certain criteria that the user chooses?

Hey what do you say, or/and maybe it could be integrated into Phat4X?

Solution here

http://www.mediamonkey.com (One of the best, if not the best)

File ---> Create reports (html, xml....)

Make sure you mount your dms, first:

Tools --> Options --> Portable .... or if you can point toward your phat music folder if you have one in one specific  location........

Offline todd1010

• Veteran.
  • 2005 Audi S4
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2005, 02:23:11 pm »
Huh! Wonder if Tag & Rename does something like that?
todd1010 AT gmail DOT com

Offline b754901

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2005, 02:25:58 pm »
here's a quick workaround...

I simply print it to adobe pdfwriter.

The resulting pdf file will allow you to use the "text select" tool to copy the database as text.

You can then paste it into a spreadsheet or text editor for reformatting as you see fit.

Offline iancull

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2005, 11:40:08 pm »
I just wrote a little program that grabs the playlist names from a directory and can put them to clipboard in one, two or three column format - I then paste the results into Excel where I can print it tidier than PMM, but you can do whatever you like ...

You can download the program and (VB6) source files here: http://www.gbmini.net/downloads/Phatbox.zip

Offline dc4bs

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2005, 09:19:41 am »
Awesom.  This is a cool little utility.

I was trying to figure out what the easiest way would be to make a music catalog to put in the glovebox so I can figure out where stuff got too on the DMS and passengers can figure out what they want to hear easily.

So far, I've got 598 albums on an 80Gb DMS.  Still got 20 Gb free...  And an empty 20 Gb to fill up as well.  ;)

Havn't even started making playlists of the compilation/mixed albums or movies/show soundtracks yet.

I'll get done eventualy, I guess...

Thanks!

dc4bs