Author Topic: Problem with CD patch disk  (Read 7874 times)

Offline ry4n

• A few posts under my belt.
Problem with CD patch disk
« on: September 14, 2005, 08:17:10 pm »
So I got my new 80GB drive today and burned the patch CD without a hitch. I press ALT+F4 to build a new DMS, and then press Enter to begin the DMS search. I then insert the working 10GB DMS that came with my Kenwood Music Keg. It finds it, but says

"Incorrect Volume Labels found"

So I went to the repair function and reformatted, re-partitioned and tried again, still the same error occurs. So then I went ahead and repaired it and tried once more. Still no luck.

Then I went and did everything all over, and tried again, same deal.

Anybody know how to fix this?

Offline A543

• Veteran.
Re: Problem with CD patch disk
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2005, 08:46:51 pm »
I think you should try disconnecting any other USB peripherals you have connected before booting from the CD.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2005, 08:47:09 pm by A543 »

Offline ry4n

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2005, 05:29:03 am »
Well I got past the issue above. I decided I didnt care about using all my black ink, and printed the entire instruction thread to look at while I was doing it. I guess I was putting the DMS in too early.

I got the patch onto the DMS, however when trying to load it on my Kenwood Music Keg, my headunit doesn't display any tracks or playlists. It recognizes that the Keg is there, but will not play anything. The Red light stays on, while the green blinks the entire time.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2005, 06:09:11 am by ry4n »

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2005, 05:06:54 pm »
check your log files on the new DMS (bootload.log for instance) I think your dms is not booting.  I'd bet the patch didn't finish and you need to boot of the old DMS one more time.. but it wont boot either because the ramdisk.sig needs to be corrupted.. do a search on how to corrput it.

Offline ry4n

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2005, 04:11:21 am »
Well I think I'm completely lost as to what to do next. I ended up reformatting the original DMS, loading the Kenwood Firmware, and then performing the patch again. This time, I let it load until something started playing (but there was no audio). The Keg then turned off, and the headunit said "Eject". So I went and upgraded the drive, put a song on it, and put it into the Keg. Now it says "Load" for a minute before it shuts off and says "Eject".

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2005, 01:44:07 pm »
Did you try the ramdisk.sig thing I mentioned?
what about the bootload.log?

Offline ry4n

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2005, 02:17:57 pm »
yes, I think I finally got the ramdisk.sig file corrupted on the original DMS, and got it to boot in the Keg.

I'm going to start the process over again when I get home, and will look into the logs.

Offline ry4n

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2005, 07:14:13 pm »
Finally got everything working (I think). I ran the process 2 times, and kept getting the "eject" message. I did the ramdisk.sig glitch on the original DMS, thinking that was what would fix it. Then I decided I'd try to do the ramdisk.sig glitch on the new, formatted and partitioned drive. After waiting several minutes of loading in the keg, it finally detected a disk. I rebooted the headunit, and it played the songs that I had put on it to test!

Thank you to everyone who made this possible  ;D 8)

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2005, 10:41:48 pm »
if you had to corrupt the ramdisk.sig on either DMS to get them to play, the patch is not 100 percent finished... just so you know.  The last part should make it where it will work with the correct sigs as well.

Offline ry4n

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2005, 02:12:51 am »
Hmm. So how do I go about fixing that? Try to do the entire patching process over? (I'm kinda puzzled, so 'newbie talk" steps would help a good deal).

Thanks.

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2005, 04:07:45 am »
just allow the patch file to run a few more times.
This should finish the job..  that means just put in the DMS with the hack run on it and let it run for 30 seconds, shut off the stereo, unplug the DMS, rinse and repeat.. two or three more times.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2005, 04:08:47 am by judb »

Offline ry4n

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2005, 05:08:59 am »
so just use the original DMS as it is now (with the ramdisk.sig corrupted) to do this?

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2005, 01:20:20 pm »
Yes.