Author Topic: DMS Cradle USB 2.0 out of busines  (Read 8960 times)

Offline mdp

• A few posts under my belt.
DMS Cradle USB 2.0 out of busines
« on: May 02, 2012, 04:04:42 pm »
Hi Everyone,

About half a year ago my Phatnoise MM stopped recgonising my Hacked DMS.
At first I though it was a crashed hd.
This was not the problem.
Has there been a change in windows XP sp3? causing this problem?
The XP is normally updated by installing the availyble updates.

I tryed on two different computers.

At decives/hardware the disc is shown but not abble to read, on system/computermanagement ,  discmanager the harddisk in the Cradle isn't shown at all.

USB-HS WDC WD1600BEVE-0 USB Device is what I see on hardware Writestations

Help

mdp audi hacked wd 160
Phatbox 160 gb used in Audi, now running on Samsung 850 evo mSata 250 gb ssd in idee to mSata converter

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
Re: DMS Cradle USB 2.0 out of busines
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 06:25:20 am »
Well, this could be two issues:

1) The cradle power supply has finally given up the ghost
2) The cradle board has finally given up the ghost.

I would start with trying a new/alternative 12v power supply, as the cradle does do strange things if it's not getting the right power.
If there is still a problem after that you can either source a new cradle (Ebay), or go for an IDE to USB caddy which will mean taking apart the DMS Cartridge each time you update (very simple to do!)
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline mdp

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 07:32:03 pm »
Sorry, I have two of each,

Bought the same problem; hdd is running while insearted.
Green and red led are burning.

Were can I get à new .dll to install als new driver?

Grtz mdp
Phatbox 160 gb used in Audi, now running on Samsung 850 evo mSata 250 gb ssd in idee to mSata converter

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 06:31:34 am »
Two cradles and both are not working?

The drivers for the USB cradle are included with your Operating System - meaning that you don't need drivers. 
If you have other USB 2.0 devices that connect and work fine then it's unlikely to be a driver problem.  You could un-install the root USB hub through device manager, and re-install it to see if that helps - but I very much doubt it.

Sounds like you need to scour Ebay for a new cradle - or buy a cheap IDE USB caddy.

Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline mdp

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2012, 07:00:12 pm »
This doesn't explaine the fact that I have 2 different computers. And at the moment I can't load music from either one of them.

When I run phathack, should I just select the dismounted hdd?
Will the phatnoise mm recognise THE new hdd when connected whit à ide - usb connector?

Grtz mdp

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2012, 07:37:17 am »
Both the PhatHack DMS Tools, and PhatHack Media Manager will see the disk in the Caddy as a valid DMS target.  I also believe PhatNoise Media Manager does too.