Author Topic: Converting an Audi Phatbox to Kenwood Music Keg  (Read 6054 times)

Offline winnieandbuzz

Converting an Audi Phatbox to Kenwood Music Keg
« on: September 30, 2005, 07:57:03 pm »
Is it possible to get an Audi Phatbox to work with a Kenwood car receiver? (I have the original connection cable for this).

If possible: is this done by just changing the firmware on the DMS from Audi to Kenwood Music Keg? If yes, which type of firmware do I need to use?

Offline sbingner

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
Re: Converting an Audi Phatbox to Kenwood Music Ke
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2005, 10:16:49 pm »
just use the newest kenwood firmware

Offline Bane

• A few posts under my belt.
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2005, 04:53:35 pm »
Is there anything special that needs to be done other than load the kenwood firmware on the DMS?

Thanks

Offline winnieandbuzz

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2005, 05:33:42 pm »
Is there anything special that needs to be done other than load the kenwood firmware on the DMS?

I'll getting my Audi Phatbox in the coming week. I'll post my findings about getting it to work on a Kenwood car radio. It seems to be a very easy thing to do.

Offline LindsayLohan

• I don't really hate Hilary Duff
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2005, 06:24:27 pm »
I have a feeling that this question (or one very much like it) will be asked many many times.

I propose a new set of Wiki pages that would list the different PhatBox firmwares, different PhatBox firmware versions, their features, their quirks, their bugs.

This would correlate nicely with a set of pages about car makes, head unit models, and what it takes to get a PhatBox working with said head unit.

Furthermore, it might be useful to enumerate the different PhatBox hardware versions and include that information in the new pagespace.

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2005, 12:39:31 am »
I have a feeling that this question (or one very much like it) will be asked many many times.

I propose a new set of Wiki pages that would list the different PhatBox firmwares, different PhatBox firmware versions, their features, their quirks, their bugs.

This would correlate nicely with a set of pages about car makes, head unit models, and what it takes to get a PhatBox working with said head unit.

Furthermore, it might be useful to enumerate the different PhatBox hardware versions and include that information in the new pagespace.

Great idea, so, um, get crackin! :)  I am pretty sure anyone can start a new page on the wiki if they want to..

Offline LindsayLohan

• I don't really hate Hilary Duff
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2005, 05:42:23 am »
I would start some wiki articles myself, but the volume of information to include in the new pagespace gives me pause.

First, I am not sure about the wiki page naming conventions, and if page renaming is possible (I think the wiki software requires admin rights for this?).

Second, it is not immediately clear how to logically group the data, in order to maximize page navigability.

Perhaps we could brainstorm a nice structure?

Offline crunch13

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2005, 02:31:19 pm »
Hi,
I just got a Kenwood HU and would like the answer too (re: using an Audi/VW PhatBox instead of a KW Keg).... there are MANY cheap Audi/VW units on ebay (i already got one for my Audi.... $150!). TIA!

Offline sbingner

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2005, 02:28:39 am »
I would start some wiki articles myself, but the volume of information to include in the new pagespace gives me pause.

First, I am not sure about the wiki page naming conventions, and if page renaming is possible (I think the wiki software requires admin rights for this?).

Second, it is not immediately clear how to logically group the data, in order to maximize page navigability.

Perhaps we could brainstorm a nice structure?

Look at the source of some of the current pages... and the help button explains alot

If theres something I dont like in how you do it I'll fix it ;) so don't worry