Author Topic: Error updating Keg  (Read 4777 times)

Offline rorton

• PhatHacker
Error updating Keg
« on: December 12, 2005, 09:45:28 pm »
Hi

Just running through the Boot CD Using a VM Ware Image, I can read the DMS OK (after having to reformat using option 4 due to the noname error) but am now at the stage where i need to backup the PHTSYS section, and get the error "cp: write: no space left on device" which scrolls over about 30 lines, then i get another screen saying "The PHTSYS Executables could not be read from the DMS Cartridge"

Any ideas why i can go no further?

Thanks

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
Re: Error updating Keg
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2005, 02:06:51 am »
you need at least a 128 meg VMWare session so it can create the correct size temp file system for use with the copy commands.  I would guess thats the issue...

Offline rorton

• PhatHacker
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2005, 10:17:29 pm »
Thanks for that,

128mb Disk space or Ram space, i have a 1gb variable partition si i can only presume the ram?

you need at least a 128 meg VMWare session so it can create the correct size temp file system for use with the copy commands.  I would guess thats the issue...

Offline rorton

• PhatHacker
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2005, 10:45:29 pm »
Quick update, i upped the ram in my VM Ware machine, and the read went fine (thanks for that :))

I then put the DMS in the Keg, switched on the stereo, and it started a phat playlist, which kept the text scrolling across the screen on the stereo..

The scrolling stopped, so i switched off the stereo, removed the DMS, and then did the hard disk swap (spare 20 gig i have to test)

Re Wrote the files back OK, so copied over some tunes, but when i put the new made DMS in the KEG, and the stereo displayed 'Loading' for a while, and then just displayed 'Eject'

At this point i switched off the stereo again, put in another 'proper' 20gb DMS i have (the one i currently use with all my tunes on) and that worked fine....

Can i presume here, that the flash update didnt go through?

Do i need to follow the whole process again, looking on the PHTSYS partition in explorer, the bootload.log file is empty

Is it correct that the stereo display shows the name of the Phat Playlist when updating the KEG firmware, and should the display stop scrolling?

Thanks again

Offline sbingner

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2005, 11:01:01 pm »
you're supposed to wait for the recording... just try again, you may or may not need to currupt your ramdisk.sig

Offline rorton

• PhatHacker
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2005, 11:04:59 pm »
OK, so  itry again from the start yeah? Put my old Disk in the DMS and follow the process again?

Out of interest, i have just ran the DMS doctor on the DMS with the new hard disk in and get a failure on checking system files "FAIL: Checking MD5 Checksum Failed for F:\aadec.sig2

Dont know if that helps?

How long does the DMS need to be in the car for for, is it right that the text stops scrolling? Does the music only start when the flash is complete

Offline PhatAl

• A few posts under my belt.
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2005, 12:32:36 am »
The book says something about up to 10 min being required...