Author Topic: VIOT on Kenwood Excelon KHD-CX910  (Read 4099 times)

Offline snoggle

• A few posts under my belt.
  • 2004 Impala LS + KHD-CX910
VIOT on Kenwood Excelon KHD-CX910
« on: October 18, 2005, 11:14:13 pm »
VIOT is supposed to be included with my Kenwood Excelon KHD-CX910 keg. How do I tell if it is working? I get a voice announce of CD Title, but no other voicings.

I am using a GM OEM stereo with a Kenwood cd changer adapter, so I don't have some of the buttons that are used in VIOT.

I only have buttons for:
disc +
track +
track -
FF
REW
Random

I really need  VIOT because of the lack of info displayed at the head unit. I only see D1T10, for disc one, track 10, for example.

Offline sbingner

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
Re: VIOT on Kenwood Excelon KHD-CX910
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2005, 08:42:06 pm »
You have to enable it as a plugin... look in plugins and see if it lists Kenwood SSA or whatever.  If not, bi*ch at your dealer until they get it for you
« Last Edit: October 19, 2005, 09:03:13 pm by admin »

Offline snoggle

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2005, 04:15:10 am »
Thank you for the reply and for all your work with the PhatBoxes.

You are correct, the first step is to determine if the plugin is even installed. Would that be in PMM under DMS hardware options, firmware setup tab, properties button next to click here to modify your firmware properties and install plug ins? I don't see anything there that indicates VIOT is installed.

I don't know if I will have much luck with the dealer. I bought the keg as-is and it was missing the original DMS cartridge (20gig?). It did include a broken 10 gig cartridge, and he did say he used the original DMS to fix another Keg (his own). If he had a 10 gig cartridge originally his own keg was probably not an Excelon.

I know that VIOT plug ins are mated to one Keg only. Is the VIOT enable change made to the DMS as well as the Keg internal firmware/NVRAM? Is there is some change I can make to my DMSes (VW 20gig, or hacked 80gig) that will reenable VIOT, assuming a plugin was installed on this Excelon at one time? Is there a way I can tell by examining log files or some other method to see if my Keg ever had VIOT enabled?

Offline snoggle

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2005, 04:50:23 am »
there are some entries in phatbox.ini:

ssa_use_disc_up_down=0
ssahelpfile=/dos/tts/se_help.mp3

Maybe they are in every phatbox.ini.

ssa_use_disc_up_down=0
might help me with my buttons issue?