Author Topic: phatnoise connections  (Read 7218 times)

Offline borachris

phatnoise connections
« on: November 11, 2005, 01:01:15 pm »
Hi, people.  I have a VW bora fitted with the standard beta HU.  I've just bought a phatnoise and am having probs with the install.  My CD changer cable has the round connectors (not the standard square VW ones) so it wont fit my beta HU.  But, I do have an Audi phatnoise cable which will fit my changer cable.  The question is, can I get an adapter to fit my beta HU so I can use the 13pin round plug changer cable with my phatnoise?  If not, do I have to run a standard VW changer cable, or are there other options?  Sorry if this is a bit confusing, but the most I've done before with ice is change a headunit! Any help would be great. Thanks. ???
« Last Edit: November 14, 2005, 01:58:23 pm by admin »

Offline borachris

Re: phatnoise connections
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2005, 08:48:09 pm »
anyone?

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2005, 03:14:11 pm »
im afraid you'll have to show me a photo or something because I don't understand exactly what you are saying.

You have a beta head unit?  it uses a round plug.  okay got that.

You have an audi phatbox cable that fits the changer cable.  which changer cable?

What do you mean beta head unit?  please try and be a bit more discriptive or provide photos so we can make some informed suggestions.

Offline borachris

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2005, 09:43:59 pm »
hi judb, my head unit is a standard VW head unit, its the BETA model, and it has a rectangular CD changer connection, but the CD changer cable installed in my car has 13 pin round connectors on both ends, i have a cable to connect my phatbox to the changer cable in the boot but i cant connect my head unit to the other end of the CD changer cable behind the dash( round into rectangle wont seem to go, LOL). Was wondering if i can get an adapter to fit in the back of the head unit(square plug) and the CD changer cable(13 pin round plug), phoned a few places but no one seems to know anything! Hope that makes things clearer, i am starting to wish i hadn't sold my single slot CD player, thanks.

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2005, 12:40:27 am »
wow thats kind of crazy.. I 've never seen a converter like that so Im not sure what to tell you.  Perhaps if you posted a question about the round to square connection situation regarding the head unit cable on vwvortex's forums?

forum.vwvortex.com I think is the URL.

Those guys know VW stuff better than I / we do I'd bet.

Offline borachris

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2005, 06:25:03 pm »
thanks judb, i will give them a try.

Offline az1324

• Getting the hang of things.
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2005, 03:03:16 am »
You should have a cable like this installed http://cgi.ebay.com/CABLE-TO-CONNECT-ORIGINAL-CD-CHANGER-IN-VW_W0QQitemZ5828300798QQcategoryZ75327QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

seems that you have the audi cable installed by mistake.