Author Topic: HOW TO SORT THIS HUGE MESS????????  (Read 4250 times)

Offline underground

HOW TO SORT THIS HUGE MESS????????
« on: December 02, 2005, 07:35:43 pm »
OK, I have 80Gb DMS. Not the biggest on the forum I see, but is 99.99% full and hundreds of albums, 1000's of tracks.
The problem I have is that there are now so many, that actually finding Albums is a real nightmare. I select browse by artist, but there are so many on that it can literally take 10 mins scrolling to get to the artist name. Is there a quicker way of doing this? For example, jumping from A to B to C etc without having to scroll through ALL the A's, B's etc etc until I get to the artist I want?
There has to be an easier way than this??????
Any help / ideas?
Many TIA. :-/

Offline Firefox

• Needs to get outside.
  • Kenwood 710 Keg 80GB ;-)
Re: HOW TO SORT THIS HUGE MESS????????
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2005, 09:40:00 pm »
Which model phatbox? On a kenwood with VIOT you can hold down the "track next" or "track prev" buttons to jump quickly thru A - B - C - D etc etc until you let go of the button. Works in Artist. Album and Genre modes.

Offline todd1010

• Veteran.
  • 2005 Audi S4
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2005, 06:54:54 am »
You could try what other people have done. What they'll do is make a playlist for every letter in the alphabet. Then browse the artists and each artist that starts with an "A" put them in that playlist. Hold down the CTRL button and it will multi select the artists. Next select each artist with the letter "B" and so forth.

I've tried it and its OK but it may help you a lot more. As I do know what your saying about finding artists. With around 1542 artist in my database it does become a problem to me.

Also, I have the Audi RNS-E Navigation and this thing isn't very easy to navigate to anything on the Phatbox. It doesn't have hard buttons for the 6 Discs as most head units have.

Anyways that's what I tried. I believe there was a couple other people that had some similar ideas and recommended the ABC method. It may not be what they were talking about but that's the way I understood it. So if other people have better ideas for accessing music let us know.
todd1010 AT gmail DOT com

Offline underground

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2005, 07:30:48 pm »
i have an audi phatbox with concert II headunit.

Offline bazmk2

• A few posts under my belt.
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2005, 11:50:54 am »
Have you tried the FFW RW buttons

This works for my Symphony II

The way I tend to find things id to put the mode into artist, use the FFW/RW button to scroll through the alphabet then pick the artists, then change to album mode and pick the album